2.24.2005

Guest Blogger Annamaria No More!

As Jen mentioned yesterday, she and I are joining forces to create a blog of epic proportions, guaranteed to be fascinating, scintillating, and thought provoking, or at the very least, one that will not bore you to tears. We’ll be discussing politics, religion, and starting May 22nd, we’ll give you full summaries of the final season of Queer as Folk. It’s going to be fabulous!

So, a little history (which I am stealing from a post on my long-since abandoned diary): Jen and I met initially at debate camp in 1994 (don't laugh), but I honestly didn't think much of the cute little bubbly blonde. A few years later, I saw Jen at a friend's party, now with red hair and a Sloan t-shirt. What followed was the world's greatest platonic love story.

I like to take credit for Jen's current domestic bliss. Years ago, she called me, distraught, because one of her good friends, Ian, admitted to being in love with her. I told her to go for it. Now they are happily married, and celebrated their first anniversary last September. Now, did I will this marriage into being? Of course not! But that doesn't mean that I'm going to let someone else take the credit!

These days, Jen and I are more likely to discuss a mutual dislike of a girl named Precious than to take road trips for rock shows, and she still doesn’t agree with me that The Scissor Sisters will save rock and roll, but it is exactly that kind of discord that will make our blog a major success.

So, raise a glass of champagne (perhaps some Cristalino) and toast our joint venture!


Labels:

annamaria at 1:15 PM

3 spoke

3 Comments

at Friday, February 25, 2005 9:04:00 AM Blogger Dane meets Simone said...

ok, i heard Franz Ferdinand singing "Take Me Out" on the Grammys and thought "who's fucking up Scissor Sisters' song??" Does this make me ignorant? Yes. But I still like the SS version way better.

 
at Friday, February 25, 2005 9:47:00 AM Blogger annamaria said...

Aaah! SS version of "Take Me Out" is so freakin' fabulous! Dane, you're so my new best friend! Sorry, Jen.

 
at Friday, February 25, 2005 9:57:00 AM Blogger Dane meets Simone said...

ha! right--sorry, Jen. and i'm not surprised btw...platonic love stories are what lesbians call TRAUMA.

 

Post a Comment