2.15.2005

It's official...

Okay, my dear readers. Illness is gone. At least for now. Look for lots of posts today on things that I wanted to say in the last few days but was too sick (read: lazy) to write about.

At any rate, just got this email forwarded to me regarding a former employer. I can't say that I'm too surprised, given the very quick turnaround of employees that PCMA suffered under his tenure, but I'm sure there's more to it. Can't say that I care too much, though.

FYI, to those not in the know, but PCMA is where I worked for the first 10 months that I lived in Chicago. Remember how happy I was all the time? I didn't think so.

Dear :

David Kushner, CAE, CMP, and I are jointly announcing today that David's contract as President & CEO of the Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA) will not be renewed. He is currently completing a three-year contract, and his tenure at PCMA will conclude on February 25, 2005.

...

David was a good fit for our association these past three years, and we appreciate his accomplishments. Organizations evolve, and the needs of PCMA are changing. The Board feels this is an appropriate time for us to bring on a new leader as we embark on our new strategic plan."

Labels:

Anonymous at 12:29 PM

1 spoke

1 Comments

at Tuesday, February 15, 2005 5:10:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

You left out my favorite part of the letter- David said: ..."I understand PCMA's decision and agree that this is a good time for PCMA to engage a new CEO." hmmmm, right... i am so sure that he said it was a good time to get a new CEO.... everyone loves being fired and really has the best interest of the company at heart.

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead!!
With Love,
A fellow ex-PCMA'er

 

Post a Comment