2.28.2005

Ladies, don't abort your gay fetus!



They just get crazier everyday, don’t they?

Maine State Rep. Brian Duprey has introduced legislation that would prohibit a woman from obtaining an abortion if the fetus is gay. I am so not making this shit up. Rep. Duprey claims that his bill looks into the future to a time where science can A.) map a gay gene, B.) test for said gene at some point before the end of the second trimester and C.) bar these hypothetical women from obtaining an abortion if the gene is present. Why do I feel like I am living in a Philip K. Dick novel?

I really don’t know what to say about this, so I am going to close with Rep. Duprey’s own damning words:


"I have heard from women who told me that if they found out that they were carrying a child with the gay gene, then they would abort. I think this is wrong," said Duprey, who got the idea while listening to the Rush Limbaugh Show.


Enough said.

Labels: ,

annamaria at 11:10 AM

1 spoke

1 Comments

at Monday, February 28, 2005 10:14:00 AM Blogger annamaria said...

I just want to share a funny little story--I needed a picture for this post, and thought, what the hell, I wonder what Google images would give me if I searched for "gay fetus." Apparently, I would get lots of pictures of Gale Harold from Queer as Folk. Damn, I am confused!

 

Post a Comment