2.08.2005

Ladies: Hide your used tampons. Dr. Dobson wants to follow your flow.

In a very disturbing Q&A exchange, Dr. Dobson discusses how a parent can better understand their child during those ever-so-troublesome adolescent years. One recommendation for you parents of young ladies out there is to track menstrual cycles.

I strongly recommend that parents of strong-willed and rebellious females, especially, quietly keep track of the particulars of their daughters’ menstrual cycles. Not only should you record when their periods begin and end each month, but also make a comment or two each day about moods. I think you will see that the emotional blowups that tear the family apart are cyclical in nature. Premenstrual tension at that age can produce a flurry of skirmishes every 28 days.

Now, because I don't think I can possibly craft a better response to this nonsense, I choose to quote from an email exchange with my good friend Annamaria:

Alright, now I know that these fundie fuckwits often take leave of their intellectual faculties, but this is seriously too much. Let's get something straight here, "Dr." Dobson, your daughter has a right to privacy. That means, no sneaking into her bathroom and looking for old tampons so you can track her menstrual flow. For fuck's sake, do these people have no decency?

Don't answer that.

You know what, though? I'm going to go out on a limb here and actually answer that question. Seeing as how were are speaking of the same kind of people who call the cops on their homosexual neighbors, knowing they will be caught in compromising situations deemed illegal by their homestate I would have to say no. These people have no decency at all. They look to the "Dr." Dobsons and George Bushs and others who interpret the Bible for them. I'm not certain that there is a free thinker among them.

In other good reading, I would also like to recommend "Dr." Dobson's Q&A session on youth masturbation. Great stuff.

Labels:

Anonymous at 4:07 PM

0 spoke

0 Comments

Post a Comment