4.20.2005

Better than grilled cheese?: Virgin Mary appears under the Kennedy Expressway



Right in my backyard -- or, well, at least in the city I live in -- the Virgin Mary has appeared! Under an expressway overpass, in the form of salt runoff!

I have a few tests coming up, so maybe I should go and visit the now-shrine that is slowing traffic along the busy expressway (the Kennedy sucks to begin with -- I don't even want to know what it's like now).

"Monday through Friday I go to school and Saturday and Sunday I work, so since I haven't been able to go to church, I asked her, 'Please help me with school because I'm having my finals,' but I felt like she was like, 'If you can come to me, I'm going to go to you,'" Delgado said.

Obdulia Delgado was the one who originally brought attention to the salt wall/Virgin Mary. She said that she was driving home from work along Fullerton Avenue on April 10 when she saw what she believes to be the Virgin Mary on the wall. Being a good Catholic, she pulled over and began praying.



At any rate, I'm going to try and see this thing this weekend. Take my own photos. I'll post them if I end up going. I mean, this is something that you just have to see.

Well, mostly I just want to go to mock it, but don't tell.

Anonymous at 11:36 AM

1 spoke

1 Comments

at Wednesday, April 20, 2005 1:08:00 PM Blogger annamaria said...

Homer: Oh, Lord! Why do You mock me? (looking up at ceiling).

Marge: Homer, that's not God. That's a waffle Bart stuck to the ceiling. (Marge pries the waffle off the ceiling).

Homer: Lord, I know I shouldn't eat Thee, but... (munch munch munch) mmmm...sacrelicious.

 

Post a Comment