5.28.2005

My Kind of Town

So, I think I am going to have to move to Chicago. Why, you ask? Well, I could tell you all about the fun liberal atmosphere, the presence of public transportation (something that continues to amaze this girl born and raised in the Motor City), or the people who are actually nice and friendly, but the real reason is that after literally years of looking, I found this:



Yes, Joe Strummers long out of print, impossible to find solo LP Earthquake Weather. And for the bargain basement price of $24.99--on vinyl. Who's a happy girl? Annamaria is a happy girl.

I also picked up some Style Council vinyl, and the new Ted Leo and the Pharmacists LP. Fantastic.

Jen and I spent the rest of my record-shopping high buying handbags at the1154 Lill Studio, and shoes in Lincoln Park. It's days like this when I am glad that no one else gets to look at my credit card statements.

annamaria at 5:23 PM

2 spoke

2 Comments

at Thursday, June 02, 2005 12:36:00 PM Blogger Unknown said...

Move?!? What?! No no no. We'll loan you out to Chicago, but you can't leave!

 
at Thursday, June 02, 2005 3:26:00 PM Blogger annamaria said...

Don't worry Jay, I'll stay in Detroit for a while--after all, you've got a kid on the way that I need to spoil. But when you and Alison make good on those threats to move to Boston, I'm outta here!

 

Post a Comment