6.10.2005

Blog of Note, Vol. 1

I'm going to start posting some of the funny/sad/interesting/scary/infuriating blogs that I regularly visit.



This one is one of my favorites, which a good friend passed along to me. PostSecret "is an ongoing community art project where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard."

Frank Warren, owner of PostSecret, was reminded of one of his own secrets that he had hidden from himself -- an incident of childhood humiliation:

From a memory that felt fresh, I chose my words carefully and composed my first PostSecret. The next day, I wrote my address on the postcard, walked to the post office, and physically "let it go" into a mailbox. It was liberating: sometimes we believe we are keeping a secret, but it can be just as true that the secret is keeping us.


The owner of this web site has received over 2000 confessions. A book containing some of the postcards will be published early next year.

I'm going to send him my dark shameful secret that I have never told anyone.

Not a living soul.

And no one will ever know. Except for the guy at the PostSecret.

Haunts me to this day. Hopefully when I drop it in the mailbox I too will be liberated.

You can send your secret on a homemade postcard to:
PostSecret
13345 Copper Ridge Rd.
Germantown, MD 20874-3454

Anonymous at 11:26 AM

0 spoke

0 Comments

Post a Comment