6.14.2005

The not-so-happy place on earth.



A 4-year-old boy died on a ride at Walt Disney World's Epcot Center.

He died at Celebration Hospital -- what a kick in the balls that must have been. To even see it listed that way in the article is a little disturbing.

Paramedics tried to revive him, but he died at Celebration Hospital.

Something tells me that Celebration Hospital is not the best name for such a place.

Anyway, anyway. I would just like to point out that this is the ride I almost passed out on last month. I didn't really know what was happening, but I knew I was going to pass out, so I just started grabbing the vomit bags they have in front of you. You know... "just in case." I figured that if I did pass out, and if I came out of it and the ride was still going, I would throw up for sure. Bad news bears.

So, yeah. I feel bad. For the family. For the kid.

That ride's a motherfucker.

Anonymous at 3:27 PM

1 spoke

1 Comments

at Tuesday, June 14, 2005 4:44:00 PM Blogger Kurt said...

Celebration is the name of the city next to Disney. We rented a house for the week we were there. There is a hospital in my city that changed its name following an enormous donation. It went from Brookhaven Hospital to Dedman Memorial. If you actually say it aloud, it is a little disturbing to consider.
When we went to Disney, my youngest was 8. We rode Alien Encounter (fabulous ride!) and when she came out, I was thankful for the psychedelic drug training I had as a Deadhead, because her reality was definitely altered! It took awhile to bring her back, thankfully without much permanent damage. But she hates the picture of her that was taking as she was walking off ride!
I feel very badly for the family and what they are experiencing. May peace find its way to them and help them cope.

 

Post a Comment