6.28.2005

We all know how much I hate Wal-Mart...



If you are interested, I can forward you a copy of the grad project I completed on Wal-Mart's recent trouble with the ladies, and how they are not paying them shit.

Anyway. Now there is this. I want to say something funny and snarky, but can't bring myself to do it. Someone else please step in.

Not that I feel bad -- he was a ranking member of the board of directors.

But, whatever...I've caved while writing this post. I'll now stoop to taunting a dead man.


Can't take that $20 billion with you, eh? Maybe you should have paid your female employees a living fucking wage, rather than watching your money earn interest in the bank.


< sigh >

Okay. I'm done.

Anonymous at 11:07 AM

2 spoke

2 Comments

at Tuesday, June 28, 2005 11:18:00 AM Blogger annamaria said...

My manager's wife is a director with Wal-Mart and he's forever using her as an example of how the gender discrimination lawsuit is bullshit. I can't seem to convince him that just because she makes a living wage it doesn't mean that the local door greeter is rolling in dough.

Again, I say, if you really need to buy in bulk, Costco is the way to go!

 
at Tuesday, June 28, 2005 11:57:00 AM Blogger annamaria said...

You're absolutely correct, Jen. And I've pointed out the same facts to him. He just refuses to believe it. After all, she gets a company car!

I've got many reasons for avoiding Wal-Mart like the plague, but as a woman and a feminist the fact that they are party to the single largest gender discrimination lawsuit in the history of the EEOC (over one million women are listed in the lawsuit) is reason number one.

 

Post a Comment