7.19.2005

Annamaria shows her support for the Patriot Act

Okay, not really. But if anyone is a terrorist, it's this guy:


U.S. District Judge Lynwood Smith in Birmingham sentenced [Eric] Rudolph to two consecutive life terms without parole in connection with the January 1998 bombing of the New Woman All Women clinic, which performs abortions.

[...]

Rudolph, 38, avoided the death penalty by pleading guilty in April to the Birmingham bombing and three other attacks in the South between 1996 and 1998, including the blast at the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta, Georgia. In all, two people were killed and more than 100 injured.

According to Rudolph, the bombings were a protest against abortion and "the homosexual agenda." Which, of course, explains the bombings at the Olympics...I guess. Male figure skaters?

Emily Lyons, a nurse who was injured in the bombing, testified at Rudolph's sentencing. Lyons gets my vote for quote of the year:

"The joint in my middle finger had to be fused, and it is indeed an injury I have longed to show you."

In solidarity with Ms. Lyons, I'm even willing to show my perfectly healthy middle finger to Mr. Rudolph. Anyone else care to join me?

annamaria at 9:51 AM

3 spoke

3 Comments

at Tuesday, July 19, 2005 12:04:00 PM Blogger ID said...

Dickhead.

Wait, where's his Qu'ran? And his Ak-47. Oh yeah, all terrorists aren't muslim extremists, merely Christian extremists.

What's the difference again?

 
at Tuesday, July 19, 2005 12:47:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The joint in my middle finger had to be fused, and it is indeed an injury I have longed to show you."


Genius.

 
at Tuesday, July 19, 2005 6:01:00 PM Blogger Kurt said...

That's a tremendous quote, but I don't feel like, "I wish I'd said that" because I wouldn't want the trama she went through.
Two life sentences isn't enough, but now it is time for that knucklehead to be banished to footnotes and obscurity. He doesn't deserve mention, other than as the punch line of Emily Lyons' jokes.

 

Post a Comment