8.22.2005

Yes! Michigan!



Yes! Michigan! The feeling's forever!*

Forever and ever and ever. Each time I go back, it feels like an eternity.

However, there are some things that I would like to do this trip:

Eat in Mexican Village.
See the "Drew Boyd Haircut."
Go to Brown's in good ol' South Lyon.
Find the sender of the now infamous forward, Email-Forward-Friend (EFF), and kick her ass.
Catch a flick at the Detroit Film Theater, if anything good is playing. Main Art is always a good standby.
Pick up a show at the Stick?
Play 1000 with my Baba.
Get some hookah gear at 42 Degrees.
Chase the puppy around my mom's big yard.

Anything else I should get into while I'm visiting the mitten this weekend?

Oh, BTW. I'll be visiting the mitten this weekend. Anyone up for some trouble?

* Does anyone remember this shitty jingle? Along with "Tell 'em you're from, tell 'em your from Deee-troit!" (when, in fact, very few can actually tell 'em they're from Detroit, since no one actually lives in Detroit proper).

Labels:

Anonymous at 8:30 PM

5 spoke

5 Comments

at Tuesday, August 23, 2005 7:34:00 AM Blogger annamaria said...

Of course I remember that lame jingle. I also regale Rich quite regularly with my renditions of Detroit-area car dealership jingles. Remember "You're on the right track, to Nine Mile and Mack..."?

But, what should you do while in the D? Um...visit me, bitch!

And then, cast your ballot in the Great Coney Island Debate!

 
at Tuesday, August 23, 2005 7:41:00 AM Blogger annamaria said...

PS--if anyone really wants to find out why Jen and I are so fucked up, you really need to download that song. It explains so much.

Also, here is Stand up and tell 'em you're from Detroit (needs Real Player).

Now all we need is to get our hands on a copy of that Detroit Zoo commercial from the 80s--the one with all the talking animals?

 
at Tuesday, August 23, 2005 9:11:00 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should come check out my house!!!!

I can come over on Sunday and play 1000 with you and Baba, I will be in the area.

 
at Tuesday, August 23, 2005 9:12:00 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

my make-up, my make-up

Why don't they play that one anymore? it is still my favorite Zoo commercial

 
at Friday, July 28, 2006 5:21:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Detroit zoo commercial

nice going melvin.

also: i am standing... i am from detroit (yes - proper 48228 in the house)

 

Post a Comment