9.01.2005

Did you know that my birthday is the most depressing day of the year?



Wow, Jen and I have been really quiet this week. Work has been kicking my ass (as it tends to do at month end), and I really don't know what Jen's excuse is. I'll just pretend that she's lazy. It's probably true.

I promise something smart and insightful at some point today, but in the meantime, check out this Birthday No.1 Generator. Plug in your birthday, and it will tell you what single topped both the US and UK charts on the day you were born. Mine are:
Mull Of Kintyre / Girls' School - Wings( UK)
Baby Come Back - Player (US)
Those aren't fun at all! Particularly considering that Rich's #1s were John Travolta & Olivia Newton John - "You're The One That I Want" (UK) and The Commodores - "Three Times A Lady" (US). Besides, I thought being born in 1978 would guarantee me a great disco tune for my #1--actually, had I been born a week later, my American #1 would have been "Stayin' Alive" by the Bee Gees. Damn!

So, go now and find out what your #1s are, and leave them in the comments.

----------------
PS: the post title isn't a lie. My birthday really is the most depressing day of the year.

annamaria at 7:31 AM

2 spoke

2 Comments

at Thursday, September 01, 2005 8:49:00 AM Blogger annamaria said...

The Boomtown Rats suck. Bob Geldof is a cancer on modern music, and he and his terribly named children must be stopped.

"Bad Girls," however, rocks.

 
at Thursday, September 01, 2005 11:19:00 AM Blogger ID said...

Sorry everyone....

UK: Blondie - "Heart of Glass"

US: Rod Stewart - "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?"

 

Post a Comment