10.27.2005

Jesus has left Detroit...

Jesus Tree


And has taken up residence in a silver maple in upstate New York:

According to WROC-TV, the image was first noticed by Jim Holtz, a 54-year-old retiree who comes to North Clinton Ave. daily for coffee with friends.

"I've looked at that tree thousands of times in the past couple years, but never noticed it till now," he told the station. "At first I thought I was seeing things."

Holtz says he doesn't think people have to be a believer in Jesus to recognize the face, but is quick to point out he, himself, is a believer.


Of course he's quick to point out that he is a believer! Jesus just showed up in a tree for...uh...Christ's sake, it seems a rather inopportune time to be an atheist.

Personally, I don't see the Messiah in the tree. I do, however, see George Michael:

Jesus Tree George Michael

Labels:

annamaria at 11:55 AM

2 spoke

2 Comments

at Thursday, October 27, 2005 1:02:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha! It *does* look like George Michael!

Now I'm picturing the tree dancing around and singing "Faith". What delicious irony. :)

 
at Thursday, October 27, 2005 1:05:00 PM Blogger annamaria said...

Really? I was picturing the tree in a public bathroom...

 

Post a Comment