11.10.2005

10 November

Edmund Fitzgerald


When I was in the third grade, Michigan celebrated its sesquecentennial and all the little kids were forced to take part in these ridiculous Yes! Michigan events. My school decided that a Michigan-centric concert was needed, and the highlight was a stirring all-school rendition of...The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald. I am so not making this up. Not sure who thought that a bunch of school kids singing about a horrifying ship wreck which claimed 29 lives was a good idea, but I have a feeling that person is no longer allowed near small, impressionable children.

If I had audio of little 9-year-old me singing, I wouldn't hesitate to share it with you. But, alas, my parents were not the kind who brought tons of expensive recording equipment to all of our little school functions. Sometimes, I suspect that they snuck out the back door when I wasn't looking. But, I digress. In the absence of my elementary school extravaganza to entertain you, please enjoy these:

The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - The Dandy Warhols

annamaria at 6:14 PM

0 spoke

0 Comments

Post a Comment