11.18.2005

Briefly...

another Christian we like


Check out this year's edition of The Top 40 Bands in America. I'm pleased to see that my Decemberists are in the top 10 (#9, up from #20 in 2004). Adorable Michigander Sufjan Stevens tops the list with his ode to the Prairie State, Illinoise. Not a huge Sufjan fan, myself, but he did write a song about John Wayne Gacy, and I guess that's pretty cool in a twisted, morbid kind of way.

And Clint and Rich will be proud to see their little hoodrat friends, The Hold Steady, in the top ten as well. Still not seeing the allure, guys...

annamaria at 8:07 AM

4 spoke

4 Comments

at Friday, November 18, 2005 1:36:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Annabanana,

You better get the on The Hold Steady train. Why deny yourself the wit, majesty and pure unironic sleaze that you've been missing since the Whigs stopped making records? These nancy boys you obsess over (Meloy, chief among them) can never rock you the way you truly and fully need to be rocked.

Rich, tell her I'm right.

-clint

 
at Friday, November 18, 2005 9:05:00 PM Blogger annamaria said...

I've been getting my Whigs fix from Louis XIV these days...those boys revel in sleaze. But you know how it is baby, fuck the bad boys but marry the nice ones. Just call me Mrs. Meloy.

 
at Friday, November 18, 2005 9:53:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh gawd! so you don’t like The Hold Steady but you do like Louis the fuckin’ XIV? just for that i'm revoking your air mattress privileges on your upcoming visit. its the floor for you. maybe a weekend of sleepless nights and splinters will correct your clearly deranged thinking.

 
at Saturday, November 19, 2005 11:28:00 AM Blogger annamaria said...

You know, Clint, all of this animosity is just going to make me hate The Hold Steady on principle. Try being nice and offering me an upgrade from the air mattress to a real bed, and they might just become my new favorite band.

 

Post a Comment