11.11.2005

Enough already!

Damn you, convenient birth control!


I get the point, as a woman I am meant to suffer. I finally stop worrying about my tits and now it's open season on my ovaries:

Women Using the Ortho Evra Birth Control Patch Warned of Increased Risk of Blood Clots, Stroke, and Death

After years of debate over the safety of the Ortho Evra birth control patch ("the Patch"), the drug’s manufacturer Ortho-McNeil (a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson – the world’s 4 th largest drugmaker) has finally acknowledged the fact that women who use the product are at a significantly greater risk of blood clots, stroke, and death than woman who use other forms of oral contraceptives.

Ortho-McNeil now admits that women who use the patch can be exposed to up to 60% more estrogen than they would be exposed to if they were taking a birth control pill instead.


You know, I like to joke around about how my 30th birthday gift to myself is going to be tubal ligation. I don't think I'm joking anymore!

annamaria at 2:24 PM

0 spoke

0 Comments

Post a Comment