11.07.2005

So, I'm a little depressed.

Had my review at work on Friday. Apparently I am an excellent worker, but a terrible, terrible person. I am actually a liability, for the most part.

It started out in a fantastic manner: two whole minutes about how I am extremely creative and how people love my work. The following 45 minutes told a different story. A story about how I am a sloppy, lazy shit.

So, that's pretty much been the last couple days at work. Having this review, and then dealing with the aftermath. I still don't really know what to think.

One of my other managers says things are fine, and I should just adapt and try and touch base with her in a month or so. Other people say I should just beat her up.

Anyone need a fantastic marketing person who is great at their job but sucks at everything else?

Anonymous at 1:34 PM

5 spoke

5 Comments

at Wednesday, November 09, 2005 12:55:00 PM Blogger annamaria said...

::hugs::

Sorry that your managers cannot see what a wonderful little worker you are despite your glib and sarcastic nature (can't really argue on that one, sorry!). I'm pretty awful on most days in my office, and I know for a fact that I have at least one co-worker who is terrified of me, but since I get my job done, my managers are willing to overlook my caustic attitude.

What's with working predictable hours, though? That seems kind of dumb. Like its a bad thing that people know when you are going to be in the office. It makes so much more sense for your clients to simply guess as to when they can reach you. Crazy.

 
at Wednesday, November 09, 2005 7:45:00 PM Blogger Dane meets Simone said...

Man that shit pisses me off. If I had a job, I'd quit just to show you the way.

On the other hand...

I'm so proud of you!

You're being yourself in the workplace--it's so quixotic it's beautiful. And you're not even quixotic, which makes it even better!

 
at Thursday, November 10, 2005 10:29:00 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds a lot like another place we used to work...

Hang in there!

Kate

 
at Thursday, November 10, 2005 4:18:00 PM Blogger The Angry Lamb said...

Man, i felt my blood pressure rising as i read that list, as i have sat through enough reviews to KNOW how infuriating and utterly useless they are.

I say keep on doing whatever you've been doing and don't let the bastards get you down.

 
at Thursday, November 10, 2005 8:49:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd copy that over and send it out somewhere as a poem. Seriously. It sucks in real life, but it's a fantastic read!

 

Post a Comment