2.17.2006

Question for Internet Explorer users

Just want to see if I'm the only one having this problem. Whenever I view the blog from work, using Internet Explorer, I notice that the "blogs of interest" on the sidebar gets all kinds of screwed up. Scrolling up and down produces this effect:


See the crazy lines running through words and general inability to read anything?

I've only noticed it since changing the blog template, and it's only the section of the side bar that uses BlogRolling. Does anyone else notice this? I've never noticed this problem at home, and I use Firefox when not required by a big nasty Corpocracy (read: my employer) to do otherwise.

If it's an issue for everyone, I might have to change the template to something else (but not black with dots--I'm so fucking sick of black with dots). Or, since it's only the BlogRolling section, maybe we can do away with that altogether and just embed the links in the template, like I did with the music section. Let me know what y'all think.

Edited to add: If it is just me, can any of you computer savvy folks (that means you, Jay) tell me what I can do to stop it from doing that? Remember, I am required to use IE at work, so telling me to download Firefox isn't going to help.

annamaria at 7:54 AM

5 spoke

5 Comments

at Friday, February 17, 2006 8:51:00 AM Blogger Dane meets Simone said...

It's not just you.

 
at Friday, February 17, 2006 9:28:00 AM Blogger Kurt said...

I see the same little problem here at work too. And I am on one of those slow networks, bound to IE.

 
at Friday, February 17, 2006 9:29:00 AM Blogger Wake of the Flood said...

working for me and I'm on IE. I've had that problem in the past on other sites when the system was very slow and the page didn't load fast enough to keep up with my scrolling.

 
at Friday, February 17, 2006 9:38:00 AM Blogger annamaria said...

Hmmm...it looks like if you make the font size on the page bigger, the problem goes away. Hold down the Control button and scroll the little wheel on your mouse down. I'm sure that little wheel has a technical-sounding name, but that's all I got. Although, it appears that I am the only one fretting over this issue, so feel free to ignore my OCD.

 
at Friday, February 17, 2006 3:45:00 PM Blogger Unknown said...

Use firefox.

Screw your work rules! Rebel! Down with M$ and IE!

 

Post a Comment