3.08.2006

A moment of levity...



Did I mention that I'm going to see Ted Leo & The Pharmacists tonight at the Blind Pig? So excited!

And for the Michiganders in the room--anyone planning on taking in the Franz Ferdinand/DCFC show on April 18th*? My stand-by concert date has cooled on both bands and isn't interested in going. Anyone want to accompany a lonely blogger for a fun-filled evening of indie rock goodness? I'll buy you a Guinness in honor of Ted's shirt.

Also for Michiganders (though non-Mitten State denizens are welcome too), Bethanne's theme for this week is "Say Yes to Michigan!" Go on over and score some songs from various Detroit and The-Rest-of-the-State bands.

*Edited because I got the date wrong.

Labels:

annamaria at 1:32 PM

3 spoke

3 Comments

at Wednesday, March 08, 2006 3:31:00 PM Blogger annamaria said...

Other shows that will earn you a beer (though maybe not a Guinness):

The Magic Numbers at The Magic Stick (oh sweet serendipity!) on 3/31/06

Mates of State/Maria Taylor, also at The Stick on 4/7/06

Gogol Bordello at apparently the only place in Detroit featuring live music--The Magic Stick! on 4/9/06

Yeah Yeah Yeahs at Royal Oak Music Theatre (very nice!) on 4/11/06

Metric at St. Andy's on 4/15/06

 
at Thursday, March 09, 2006 2:09:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who could possibly refuse a hot date like that!?

 
at Friday, March 10, 2006 8:02:00 AM Blogger Wake of the Flood said...

If it weren't so far and if my wife wouldn't have her feelings hurt I would go and take you up on that offer of a date. Wild women, song, oooo baby........and a free beer. It's been a long time since I was anywhere even remotely "cool." Or where I stayed up past my 8 o'clock bedtime.....

 

Post a Comment