3.02.2006

Wherein Annamaria crushes on a gay guy...again.


One of the pitfalls of being sick is that it encourages you to sit on the couch all day and watch television, since doing anything else requires a strength of body and mind that has been sapped by an infestation of evil little germs and an overabundance of NyQuil. Last night, curled up on the couch with a warm blanket and a humidifier, I found myself watching a marathon of Bravo’s Project Runway. I don’t know if it’s the drugs or the adorable Daniel V. (see above), but I watched nearly the entire second season (including one of those damnable reunion specials) in one sitting. They say that admitting you have a problem is the first step toward recovery; well, it’s official: I am a Project Runway addict. That show is like crack! One hit and you’re hooked. Thankfully, there is only one episode left of the season, after which I can start some kind of rapid detox and get back to life as normal…until season three.

Labels:

annamaria at 7:30 AM

4 spoke

4 Comments

at Thursday, March 02, 2006 7:39:00 AM Blogger Wake of the Flood said...

Quick go to this website.
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/02/movies/02heff.html?th&emc=th
The article has links to several places that specialize in ridding you of this perverse addiction. (Of course it is replaced by a new one.)
From any of the sites click on the Brokeback links. I especially enjoyed Brokeback to the Future.

And I hope you're feeling better soon.

 
at Thursday, March 02, 2006 5:13:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

i totally understand. why? because i am obsessed with this show. a lot.

i've taped every episode, i watch it every wednesday and i don't go out at all (i really can't during the weekdays. i work during the mornings) but i'll be dammed if i miss runway.

in fact, i'm watching it right now. stop the madness.

feel better soon! lots of orange juice, broth soup, and antibiotics. they help a lot! :)

 
at Thursday, March 02, 2006 8:10:00 PM Blogger annamaria said...

Wake--those Brokeback mash-ups are pretty hilarious. Unfortunately, my tendency to crush on gay men dates back at least high school, so I think there is no saving me. It also doesn't help that the intensity of the crush usually increases upon finding out that the man in question is gay--it's got to be some weird wanting what you can't have thing. Either that, or I just love the idea of a man who can actually dress himself.

 
at Thursday, March 02, 2006 8:16:00 PM Blogger annamaria said...

Bethanne, I've been practically freebasing broth and green tea, so I'm slowly getting better. Stupid Michigan! You know, if the weather would just stay consistent, I wouldn't get so damn sick all of the time!

The thing about Project Runway is, the first time I heard the concept I thought, "Great, just what the world needs, another competition-based, kick someone off every week reality TV show." But then Daniel made that kickass dress out of foliage and I was hooked!

 

Post a Comment