4.30.2006

Speaking truthiness to power*

Alright, I'm not sure exactly when I turned this into a video blog, but sometimes you just find things that are too good not to share. Like Stephen Colbert speaking at the White House Correspondents' Association Dinner. I enjoy Colbert, he's not as consistently funny as Jon Stewart, but he fakes wingnut better than anyone else...even the wingnuts.



part 2
part 3


A big thank you to Rich for pointing out that the video was already up on YouTube...apparently I was too busy watching more Derren Brown episodes to notice.

*Title shamelessly stolen from Editor & Publisher

Labels: ,

annamaria at 8:45 PM

4 spoke

4 Comments

at Monday, May 01, 2006 11:11:00 AM Blogger Wake of the Flood said...

"I have nothing but contempt for these people."

A very funny bit, but done in the totally wrong place. Colbert truly showed that he really does have nothing but contempt for these people.

 
at Tuesday, May 02, 2006 9:17:00 AM Blogger Dane meets Simone said...

Well yeah...doesn't that make it the perfect place?

I don't think Colbert's as funny in this format, but the press so deserved that. Why are we still having this self-congratulatory event anyway?

 
at Wednesday, May 17, 2006 8:18:00 AM Blogger annamaria said...

Chained to my desk, doing 16 hours worth of work in only eight...I barely have time to eat lunch, let alone come up with something smart and witty for you all to read. Sorry! I promise, once we finally manage to get someone fucking hired (and I take a much deserved vacation!), I'll be back to my normal, snarky self.

 
at Friday, May 19, 2006 11:29:00 AM Blogger ID said...

video killed the radio star.

 

Post a Comment