6.28.2006

Annamaria update, for anyone that cares

Dane nearly made me cry by leaving a comment telling me she misses me. This is evidence of two things: first, I’ve neglected my poor little blog this month and second, I’m a little hormonal right now.

As you will recall, former co-worker Psycho quit, leaving me with all of her job responsibilities (plus my own) until a replacement can be found. This sucks. Her work is boring and labor intensive and, frankly, far below my own capabilities. The mind-numbing nature of her job has left me feeling completely lethargic—it’s not even doing two jobs that’s exhausting me, it’s doing my own job plus a bunch of data-entry bullshit which is stripping me any ability to form coherent thought. I honestly feel like I’m dumber just doing this kind of work.

So, we did end up hiring someone to fill the open position—she was here for four days and then they promptly fired her for lying on her application. I had four days to train her and get used to the idea of doing only my job again, and then I came to work one morning to find all of her personal effects boxed up to be sent to her home. So much for my brief respite.

I do have good news, though! First, we transferred someone from within the company to fill the open position, which will relieve me of the boring work and give me time to be funny and smart again. At least I hope whatever sassiness attracts you to my ramblings will return at full strength forthwith. My new co-worker (who I’ve worked with in the past and is absolutely delightful) will start at our office in July. Yay!

And more good news—I’ve got a week off! The first week of July is a mandatory vacation for us (Major American Automotive Corporation shuts down every July for two weeks*), so I’ll be work-free for a glorious seven days. And even better than that—Rich is coming for a visit! An entire week to show our favorite Liverpudlian all of the fun that can be had in the fine city of Detroit. Alright, an entire day to show him all the fun that can be had in Detroit, and six days or so of sitting around bitching about how damn boring this city is. So if any Michigan BOMT readers would like to hang out with a beleaguered blogger and her British companion, let me know and we’ll definitely be up for whatever fun can be had in your neck of the woods (Helllloooo Westland!).

*Usually we get both weeks off, but this year they are making us work the second week. We've already got barbecues planned for all five days, since I can guarantee there will be fuck-all to do.

Labels:

annamaria at 10:12 AM

11 spoke

11 Comments

at Wednesday, June 28, 2006 10:30:00 AM Blogger annamaria said...

PS--Jenn, I haven't forgotten about you and I am working on getting that Afghan Whigs stuff together. I'm just a complete slacker so you have to be patient with me! :)

 
at Wednesday, June 28, 2006 12:05:00 PM Blogger Kurt said...

no one believes that "complete slacker" comment. we know better. and patience is not one of jenn's more endearing traits.....
good to have you back and i bet Rich is thrilled to have England into the quarterfinals of the World Cup...

 
at Wednesday, June 28, 2006 7:56:00 PM Blogger annamaria said...

I've spent the last two Julys at your place watching Queer as Folk reruns...do we really want to do this for three years running? :)

 
at Thursday, June 29, 2006 3:18:00 PM Blogger annamaria said...

Isn't the Pitchfork festival this weekend (or is it next?). Is that the trouble of which you speak?

 
at Friday, June 30, 2006 2:50:00 PM Blogger Wake of the Flood said...

Yeah, she's back! Now maybe there'll be things of substance for me to rant about, and intelligent responses to my inane ramblings.....

 
at Friday, July 07, 2006 9:56:00 AM Blogger Dane meets Simone said...

I'm just coming out of my mother-in-law haze. When is Rich in town?

 
at Saturday, July 08, 2006 9:35:00 AM Blogger annamaria said...

He's in town now! He'll be here until Monday afternoon. Hellloooo Westland! :)

 
at Sunday, July 09, 2006 2:09:00 PM Blogger Dane meets Simone said...

Aaay (as G's mom would say). I've got company all weekend--friends helping to work on the house. Don't suppose we could have coffee tomorrow? I'm guessing no, since it's his last day,though I am close to the airport...;)

But it's your last day with him, which I understand. Lemme know though. I could set up the lemonade stand.

 
at Monday, July 10, 2006 9:18:00 AM Blogger annamaria said...

Yeah, today probably isn't going to work...unless you want to hang out with a very sad girl after she leaves the airport? :(

 
at Wednesday, July 12, 2006 11:08:00 AM Blogger Dane meets Simone said...

awwww. i would have for sure. well...until rich shows back up, just you and me sometime then.
yeah?

 
at Wednesday, July 12, 2006 12:40:00 PM Blogger annamaria said...

Absolutely! You know, I did manage to get Rich a little addicted to Project Runway last week (season three starts tonight!); you up for watching some catty designer bitches with me?

 

Post a Comment