7.10.2006

Photographic proof of my city's existence

Walking around Detroit with Brit Rich this week has been pretty great--it's always fascinating (to me anyway) how your city looks different and a little more interesting when you're showing it to someone else. It's as if those streets and parks and even restaurant signs are newer and brigher--some of the tarnish of familiarity has been removed, and you can recognize that few cities have a fake Warhol Marilyn Monroe painted on the side of a church.



So, I've uploaded some of the pictures I took this week whilst traipsing through Detroit (and even the Shelby T!). You can find them here.

In the meantime, I love this picture of Rich at the Garden Bowl.


He looks vaguely like Ted Leo in this shot, which makes me love him all the more!

Labels:

annamaria at 9:20 AM

2 spoke

2 Comments

at Monday, July 10, 2006 2:40:00 PM Blogger Dane meets Simone said...

he's sooo cute. ;)

 
at Friday, July 14, 2006 3:44:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

aah.. good times! :)

 

Post a Comment