8.16.2006

We interrupt this brief work-related hiatus to bitch about work-related things


We are back to my job being a complete and total pain in my ass. I attended an all-morning, no breaks allowed meeting yesterday to discuss changes to one of our departmental programs—the program for which I am solely responsible in my office. I had the pleasure of sitting next to the woman whose streamlining suggestion included doing away with my job. Remind me to send her some silk flowers to go with the utterly fake smile I kept flashing at her during the meeting. Luckily, all three of my managers (Hello, top-heavy corporate structure!) were in attendance and promptly shot down her suggestions, so my job is safe and now comes with the added security of doing four times the amount of work than I currently do. Basically, my main responsibility is to coddle and cater to Major American Automotive Industry (MAAI) Executives, which has be interacting with various MAAI departments across the globe doing order fulfillment, logistics and ass-kissing. None of this will change; what will change is that my select group of 50 MAAI Executives has ballooned to 250—all of whom will demand personal attention as if they are the only person blessed with a corner office.

Here’s a little bit of insight into my psyche: I have no respect for authority. It is a daily struggle to keep from telling people to fuck off, particularly when those people try to tell me what to do. I also don’t like repetitive questions, of which I am guaranteed many when the new program rolls out in a few months. On top of that, I don’t like being put in a position where I have to break rules or do someone a favor, unless I will personally benefit in some way. I’m a selfish bitch like that. I can foresee many attempts to get me to work around the system in the near future; couple this with repetitive requests and lack of respect for authority, and I’m seriously concerned that the addition of 200 new executives is going to break me. Or that I might break someone. All I need is one comment from my manager about my tits and the way that mere fabric sometimes has trouble containing them, and I think I might lose it.

So…resume is updated and job searching has commenced. Unfortunately, this is Michigan which has had one of (if not the) lowest job creation rates in the country. Since Person X has been beating off potential employers with a stick lately, maybe she can throw one my way. I’m emailing you the resume right now, girl.

Labels:

annamaria at 12:56 PM

7 spoke

7 Comments

at Wednesday, August 16, 2006 3:00:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh. That sucks.

I do like the picture though! :)

 
at Wednesday, August 16, 2006 5:31:00 PM Blogger ID said...

Leave the mitt behind.....

 
at Wednesday, August 16, 2006 6:49:00 PM Blogger Dane meets Simone said...

ahem.

shouldn't i be in this conversation?

 
at Wednesday, August 16, 2006 7:35:00 PM Blogger annamaria said...

"shouldn't i be in this conversation?"

Baby, I think you've hit upon the solution! You, G and I will buy a house in Chicago (to add to your burgeoning collection), and Jen will find me a job! It's perfect!

 
at Wednesday, August 16, 2006 7:41:00 PM Blogger annamaria said...

PS: My parents are leaving for Italy tomorrow, and won't be back until mid-September. This is a problem since 1) I can't be trusted to feed myself with any regularity and 2) I'm going to be bored, bored, bored. I'm looking at you, Kerri, to fix at least one of these problems.

 
at Wednesday, August 16, 2006 8:15:00 PM Blogger Kurt said...

i sit, staring at the monitor stunned.



a problem with authority? hard to believe...

 
at Thursday, August 17, 2006 9:07:00 AM Blogger Wake of the Flood said...

You could change directions and head east from the Motor City to CT rather than Chicago. But our suits would be even more fun than those in MAAI. Here is where all those lovely policies are concocted by folks who live to put a liberal enlightened facade on all things conservative and corporate.

hope your search gets you something great

oh, and kurt sure hit it didn't he?

 

Post a Comment