4.01.2005

Friday Random Ten



Sorry for the seemingly endless blogging hiatus I've been on lately--I would tell you all about what is keeping me from entertaining you, but, let's face it, you don't really care. You do, however, care about the Friday Random Ten, and rather than face Jen's wrath again, I'm making sure to get this posted in a timely fashion.

Rules, as always, are found here. So, without further ado, I give you my Friday Random Ten, Don't You Know I'm Loco?** Edition:


  1. "Illusions (Harpsichord Mix)" - Cypress Hill
  2. "Canadian Song" - Matt Pond PA
  3. "Infinitely Late at Night" - The Magnetic Fields
  4. "Hey Teacher" - Louis XIV
  5. "Girl Anachronism" - Dresden Dolls
  6. "A Wolf at the Door" - Radiohead
  7. "1000 Mile High City" - Ocean Colour Scene
  8. "Real Love/It's Only Life" - Doughty
  9. "Run to You" - Lou Barlow and Friends
  10. "Daft Punk Is Playing at My House" - LCD Soundsystem


**Yes, I fully recognize that lyric is from a different Cypress Hill song. Deal with it.

Labels:

annamaria at 8:22 AM

3 spoke

3 Comments

at Friday, April 01, 2005 1:25:00 PM Blogger annamaria said...

I guess this is the point where I say that Jen, with her whiney white boy slacker-rock fixation, is the least gangsta person I know!

 
at Tuesday, April 05, 2005 3:49:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to add that the "harpsichord remix" of illusions is one of the greatest songs OF ALL TIME. I can't believe they only used it as a b-side - especially as the original is so poo. Anyway, here's my top 10 o' the week, indie rock style and then ganksta style (because you know I'm from the english 'hood):

1: Ted Leo & The Pharmacists - Counting Down The Hours
2: Rachael Yamagata - Reason Why
3: Barcelona - I Have The Password To Your Shell Account
4: Okkervil River - Disfigured Cowboy
5: Will Johnson - Closing Down My House
6: Devin Davis - Turtle & The Flightless Bird
7: Final Fantasy - The CN Tower Belongs To The Dead
8: The Blow - In My Room
9: Damien Jurado - White Center
10: Rhett Miller & John Brion - Things That Disappear


1: Cage - Hell's Winter
2: S.A. Smash - The Harvest
3: The Game - Higher
4: RJD2 feat. Ric Ocasek - Through The Walls
5: Sage Francis - Slow Down Gandhi
6: C-Rayz Walz feat. Rob Sonic - Walk Through
7: The Perceptionists - The Razor (Mars Volta remix)
8: Aesop Rock feat. El-P & Camu Tao - Rickety Rackety
9: Rob Sonic - Shoplift (El-P remix)
10: Lloyd Banks - Take A Good Look


Okay, admit it... I'm the least gangsta person either of you know!

 
at Monday, April 11, 2005 10:00:00 PM Blogger Dane meets Simone said...

Is this a friendly competition or an actual job opening? Cuz I'd like to apply for the "least gangsta" position.

 

Post a Comment