5.06.2005

Friday Random Ten



Ah, it's a beautiful day in the Motor City, and there is no way I am going to make it through a full eight hours work today. I wonder if anyone will notice if I sneak out. While I plan my escape, Lauren at Feministe plans our soundtrack. Here is my contribution--the Friday Random Ten, "How did that reggae get into my mp3 player?" edition:


  1. Superstar - Sonic Youth
  2. Music is the Victim - Scissor Sisters
  3. Final Straw - REM
  4. Do You Realize? - The Flaming Lips
  5. Feeling Called Love - Pulp
  6. The Revolution Will Not Be Televised - Gil Scott Heron
  7. No Peace Los Angeles - Mike Doughty
  8. Rudie Can't Fail - The Clash
  9. Tiny Dancer - Elton John
  10. Born For a Purpose and a Reason for Living - Dr. Alimantado*

So, what crazy shit are you listening to?

*I love random, unplanned synergy--This song is actually referenced in Rudie Can't Fail, which is #8 on my list.

Labels:

annamaria at 9:20 AM

2 spoke

2 Comments

at Friday, May 06, 2005 12:54:00 PM Blogger Kurt said...

I really look forward to fridays to see what y'all put up. Keep broadening my horizons! Here's my last 10 random listenings:
1 Bertha - Grateful Dead
2 New York, New York - Ryan Adams
3 One Filght Dodwn - Norah Jones
4 James - Pat Metheny
5 Chop Chop - Burlap to Cashmere
6 Runaway - Live
7 Something More Besides You - Cowboy Junkies
8 Lose It Again - Everyday Sunday
9 Miseducation of Lauryn Hill - Lauryn Hill
10 Your Song - Elton John

 
at Friday, May 06, 2005 1:33:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

My somewhat surreal 10:

1: Spoon - The Two Sides Of Monsieur Valentine
2: Ted Leo & The Pharmacists - Walking To Do
3: Dexy's Midnight Runners - Plan B
4: The Lyres - Help You Ann
5: Sleater-Kinney - Entertain
6: Loyko - Kusturiza
7: These Arms Are Snakes - Big News
8: Asia - Heat Of The Moment
9: ELO - Telephone Line
10: South San Gabriel - The Dark Of The Garage

 

Post a Comment