6.10.2005

Friday Random Ten

I love a man in a uniform


Well, after two very special Friday Random Tens, it's back to a boring old "Annamaria hates her job so much it makes her want to cry" edition. Hopefully, next week will be the "Annamaria sent her resume to Jen, who promptly found her a fabulous new job in Chicago" edition. Much as I love Detroit (as evidenced by the two Detroit artists on this week's list), if I don't get out of here soon, I'm going to slit my wrists. And you know how much I hate undignified displays of emotion like that. Anyway, enough of my bitching, you all know the rules, and I know you've been waiting all week for this.


  1. Insects Rule - Brendan Benson
  2. Cry to Me - Solomon Burke
  3. Me, Myself and I - De La Soul
  4. Revolution Rock - The Clash
  5. My Baby Loves the Secret Agent - Detroit Cobras
  6. Girl Anachronism - Dresden Dolls
  7. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - Elton John
  8. Feel the Pain - Dinosaur Jr.
  9. I'm Still Drinking In My Dreams - Mike Doughty
  10. Our House - Madness


Damn, I just realized that all of these titles pretty much describe how I am feeling at this very moment...well, except for the Detroit Cobras song, because I don't think Rich has a thing for CIA chicks.

That said, it's all you, baby, show me what you got!

Labels:

annamaria at 7:59 AM

6 spoke

6 Comments

at Friday, June 10, 2005 10:40:00 AM Blogger annamaria said...

jen said...
"Here's mine. The I'll Bet You Can't Figure My Theme edition..."

um...a bunch of whiney white boys and Joni Mitchell?

 
at Friday, June 10, 2005 11:14:00 AM Blogger annamaria said...

Alright, I missed that one! Although, it does remind me of one of my favorite Chappelle's Show episodes...can you name which one?

 
at Friday, June 10, 2005 11:19:00 AM Blogger ID said...

Annamaria, Im guessing Clayton Bigsby....

Ipod Set Straight from the Backpack....

10. Gangsta Nation - Westside Connection
9. Growing on Me - The Darkness
8. La Bayamesa - Buena Vista Social Club
7. Pony - Ginuine
6. Crackity Jones - The Pixies
5. Come Live with Me Angel - Marvin Gaye
4. Reflections - Common Factor
3. Lost Love - Rinocerose
2. Love TKO - Teddy Pendergrass
1. Demon's Theme - LTJ Bukem

"I can't understaaand yoooo...Go back to your cuuuunnnnttrryyy."

 
at Friday, June 10, 2005 12:28:00 PM Blogger annamaria said...

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner. Good job, Ian; just for that you get...to wait for the next season of Chappelle's Show to finally air!

 
at Friday, June 10, 2005 1:33:00 PM Blogger Kurt said...

Man, I'm tired. I hate it when work interfers with blogging...
Here's 10 I heard this morning-
1) Lucinda Williams -2 Kool 2 be 4-gotten
2) Greg Brown - Poet Game
3) Los Tigres del Norte - Somos Mas Americanos
4) Norah Jones - Be Here To Love Me
5) Buddy Holly - Love Me
6) The Diamonds - The Stroll
7) Jeff Beck - Led Boots
8) Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer
9) Dean Martin - Everybody Loves Somebody
10) Funkadelic - Maggot Brain an incredible guitar song that you may need to be "on the bus" to appreciate
Oh and I have to add
Pat Metheny - Lone Jack
Peace and a good weekend y'all

 
at Friday, June 10, 2005 2:02:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright, here goes...

1: Prince - When U Were Mine
2: Crooked Fingers - You Must Build A Fire
3: M83 - Teen Angst
4: Lou Barlow - Holding Back The Year
5: Bill Fay - Plan D
6: Sleater-Kinney - Modern Girl
7: Love/Hate - Wasted In America
8: Bona Roba - The Slip
9: Slow Dazzle - Fleur De Lie
10: The Plimsouls - A Million Miles Away


That's a crazy list right there.

 

Post a Comment