6.17.2005

Friday Random Ten

The Dandy Warhols


I'll have to own up and admit that this week's random ten isn't completely random. I did put the mp3 player on shuffle, but because I wanted to make this a special edition, I had to skip through a few tracks...please forgive me. And don't tell Lauren. Hopefully you will approve of my methods when I introduce the Friday Random Ten, Fully Downloadable Edition! Now, for the first time, you can actually listen with me! Isn't that exciting?


  1. Coin-Operated Boy - The Dresden Dolls
  2. Not If You Were the Last Junkie on Earth - The Dandy Warhols
  3. My English Teacher is a Mogwai Fan - Moonkat
  4. List of Demands (Reparations) - Saul Williams
  5. Waltz of the Noctambulist - Metrovavan
  6. Step Into My Office, Baby - Belle & Sebastian
  7. Jerusalem - Mirah
  8. I'd Rather Dance With You - Kings of Convenience
  9. Cripple and the Starfish - Antony & The Johnsons
  10. Mistakes and Regrets - ...And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead


Who's next?

Labels:

annamaria at 9:02 AM

5 spoke

5 Comments

at Friday, June 17, 2005 10:52:00 AM Blogger Kurt said...

That is so cool! I can't wait to hear 'em. Maybe by next week I can find a site to host my tunes also. My lame home page doesn't have enough room.
Ok, my list is not totally random today either; I went for a foot tapping, make-me-want-to-wear-a-bolo-tie mood. This is the first ten I heard from the Lyle Lovett station on Music Launch internet radio. I really like this service.
1- Chris Isaak - Soembody's Crying
2- Steve Earle - Guitar Town
3- Stevie Ray Vaughan - Voodoo Chile
4- Lucinda Williams - Righteously
5- Lyle Lovett - Nobody Knows Me
6- James - Laid
7- Norah Jones - I've Got to See You Again
8- Wilco - I'm the Man Who Loves You
9- Robert Earl Keen - The Road Goes On Forever
10- Johnny Cash - I Walk the Line
Thanks for a good week. Descansa bien, mis amigos

 
at Friday, June 17, 2005 12:11:00 PM Blogger Kurt said...

Thx Annamaria. Some very tasty tunes there. Dresden Dolls probably needs a few more listens to...
I heard 'em all except The Dandy Warhols. WebBlocker won't let me get there at work.

 
at Friday, June 17, 2005 12:58:00 PM Blogger annamaria said...

Yeah, most men I know feel a little squeamish about that Dresden Dolls song--a woman singing a love song to her vibrator just tends not to sit well with them! :)

Glad you liked the rest, though. I'll see if I can find another link to the Dandy Warhols song for you.

 
at Friday, June 17, 2005 1:03:00 PM Blogger annamaria said...

Alright, you can stream "Not If You Were the Last Junkie on Earth" (and other Dandy Warhols songs) here. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to link directly to that song, but if you scroll down to ...The Dandy Warhols Come Down, you'll find it there. You'll also get to view their supercool 3D website!

And hopefully, after all that, you'll actually like the song!

 
at Friday, June 17, 2005 4:14:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi! Where's "Sloop John B."? ;)

Anyway, here's my 10:

1: Skid Row - I Remember You
2: Bram Tchaikovsky - Girl Of My Dreams
3: Group Sounds - Business Before Pleasure
4: The Beatles - Penny Lane
5: Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman
6: The Arcade Fire - Headlights Look Like Diamonds
7: Thelonious Monk - Rhythm-A-Ning
8: Cocorosie - Noah's Ark
9: The Rogers Sisters - Les Fantaisies Sont Bie
10: Prince - How Come U Don't Call Me Anymore

 

Post a Comment