7.01.2005

Friday Random Ten

Jarvis Cocker looking like my dream man


Probably the only good thing that comes from working in the automotive industry is that every year I get the first two weeks of July off so that the plants can shutdown and switch over production to the new model year. As a result, today is my last day of work until July 18th. That means, dear readers, that my blogging these next couple of weeks will probably be even more sporadic than usual, since I tend to avoid computers like the plague when I'm on vacation. Can you blame me?

But you don't really care about my vacation. What you care about is the Friday Random Ten. And who am I to deny you? So, welcome to your Friday Random Ten "What the fuck is a bwrw glaw?" edition.


  1. Career Opportunities - The Clash
  2. Shipbuilding - Elvis Costello
  3. I Want You to Want Me (live) - Cheap Trick
  4. Live Bed Show - Pulp
  5. Bloomington - Old 97s
  6. Patio Song - Gorky's Zygotic Mynci*
  7. Pictures of You - The Cure
  8. The Sound of Settling - Death Cab for Cutie
  9. Scenario - A Tribe Called Quest
  10. I Had a Time - Embrace


Your turn!

-------------
I found out what a bwrw glaw is! Actually, the lyric is "mae'n bwrw glaw," and it's Welsh for "It's raining." Kind of anticlimactic, really.

Labels:

annamaria at 7:10 AM

4 spoke

4 Comments

at Friday, July 01, 2005 11:20:00 AM Blogger Kurt said...

Have a great time off Annamaria! BTW, I came across your "kill yourself at work" playlist on webjay. Nice. Blessings on you and your household for turning me on to that site! It's a wonderful reminder of all the beauty music that is out there.
Norbizness, that's is a pretty interesting list as well. Gotta have an open mind to have that range of music loaded and ready for listening...
Here's mine for today-
1)Heartless Bastards - Onions
2)The Pixies - Down to the Well
3)Lucinda Williams - Car wheels on a Gravel Road
4)Crosby, Stills and Nash - Black Queen
5)Jerry Garcia & Dave Grisham - Arabia
6)Ry Cooder- How Can You Keep Moving (Unless You Migrate Too?)
7)Norah Jones - Turn Me On
8)Dean Martin - I Will
9)Yes - Five Percent for Nothing
10)Jackson Browne - Stay
Be calm, y'all

 
at Friday, July 01, 2005 12:28:00 PM Blogger ID said...

The I don't have to work on Friday Random 10.

"White Moon" - The White Stripes
"So Scientific" - Dabrye
"What's the Matter Man?" - Rollins Band
"Swampy" - ID
"Feenin'" Ltj Bukem Remix - Jodeci
"Got Dough" - 5 Deez
"Track 1" J Dilla
"You Really Got Me" The Kinks
"What's Going On" - Marvin Gaye
"Dislocate" - Recloose

My Ipod is feeling very anti-establishment today.

 
at Friday, July 01, 2005 1:18:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! Someone else appreciates the Heartless Bastards! :)

Anyhow, here's mine...

1) The Gossip - (Take Back) The Revolution
2) CocoRosie feat. Antony - Beautiful Boyz
3) Shearwater - Near A Garden
4) The Searchers - Needles & Pins
5) Crooked Fingers - Valerie
6) Sleater-Kinney - All Hands On The Bad One
7) The English Beat - Save It For Later
8) Merle Travis - Merle's Boogie Woogie #1
9) The Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop
10) Gene Autry - Back In The Saddle Again

 
at Friday, July 01, 2005 2:07:00 PM Blogger annamaria said...

Alright, anyone who's Friday Random Ten starts with The Gossip and ends with Gene Autry is good in my book.

 

Post a Comment