8.19.2005

Friday Random Confession

Yet another confession: I have a serious girl crush on Neko Case


It's confession time, folks. I lie to you every Friday. It's not that the songs I list are, in fact, not random, so much as they are not Friday. See, I blog at work, mostly because when I'm home I don't feel much like blogging, particularly when I could be doing better things like playing Text Twist on Yahoo! Games. So...since I blog at work, but the computer at work has no music saved on it, I generate the random lists on my home computer on Thursday night.

Like most people with a problem, I am loathe to admit to it. In fact, if I had my way, I would have blithely continued with my charade and you never would have been the wiser. Fortunately, Jen is a good friend. She recognized that I have a problem and staged her own personal intervention, namely by leaving me this message at the top of my FRT saved draft:

[Jen says, upon seeing this post created almost in full on Thursday night, that Annamaria is, in fact, a big ol' nerd]

Thank you, Jen. I have seen the error of my ways. Unfortunately, this leaves us at a bit of an impasse: if we ignore my illicit Thursday lists altogether, we can continue on our happy way, but if my lies and manipulations offend, I'm going to have to kick myself out of the FRT club. Oh, and waking up earlier on Friday morning and doing the list before work is not an option (I need all the sleep I can get!). I'm looking to you, dear readers, for guidance and support in these trying times.

  1. A Sight to Behold - Devendra Banhart
  2. Luv 2 Luv U - Timbaland & Magoo
  3. Tightly - Neko Case
  4. Cold Wind - Arcade Fire
  5. Chains of Love - Erasure
  6. It's My Life - Talk Talk
  7. Come On! Feel the Illinoise! - Sufjan Stevens
  8. Romeo & Juliet - Dire Straits
  9. Hello Time Bomb - Matthew Good Band
  10. Pass the Dutchie - Musical Youth

Labels:

annamaria at 7:45 AM

4 spoke

4 Comments

at Friday, August 19, 2005 10:52:00 AM Blogger Kurt said...

If, indeed, you are doing the list on your Thursday night, the case can be made that is already Friday where Rich is and so the rules are being complied with....
Here's mine (entered as Bob Marley brightening my morning in the background, too late to be on the list)
1- Ben Folds Five - Your Redneck Past (nice of them to write me a song)
2- Lynard Skynard - Workin' for MCA
3- Ray Wylie Hubbard - Stolen Horses
4- Charmaine - Give Us Clean Hands
5- Keane- Everybody's Changing
6- Jamie Slocum - By Your Side
7- Nanci Griffith- Going Back To Georgia
8- Delroy Wilson - You Must Believe Me
9- Fighting Jacks - Of A Dear Friend
10- 10,000 Maniacs - How You've Grown

 
at Friday, August 19, 2005 11:26:00 AM Blogger annamaria said...

Leave it to Kurt to find a way to appease us all! So, as long as I wait until 7:01 p.m. EST (at which time it is just past midnight GMT), it's all gravy!

PS--That Ben Folds song holds a special place in my heart as well. Mostly because he name drops both Billy Idol and Kool Moe Dee.

 
at Friday, August 19, 2005 12:25:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, if people would just take my advice and disregard linear space-time, none of this would be a problem!

1) Laura Cantrell - 14th Street
2) The Decemberists - Up The Junction (Live)
3) Mike Doughty - Looking At The World From The Bottom Of A Well
4) Neil Young - After The Gold Rush
5) Grandaddy - Pull The Curtains
6) CocoRosie - Noah's Ark
7) Maria Taylor - Speak Easy
8) Loretta Lynn - Miss Being Mrs
9) Journey - Separate Ways
10) Stellastarr - Sweet Troubled Soul

 
at Friday, August 19, 2005 2:49:00 PM Blogger ID said...

The Friday-Real-Time-Jude-Law-Has-A-Small-Penis-Friday-Random-Ten.

10. Tainted Love - Soft Cell
9. 96 Quite Bitter Beings - Camp Kill Yourself
8. Radioactivity - Kraftwerk
7. Ride My Pony - Ginuine
6. 69 Annee Erotique - Serge Gainsbourg
5. Otill - Aril Brikah
4. I'm Trying - Lenny Kravitz
3. How Long Dub - King Tubby and Friends
2. Keep the Beat - Eric B. & Rakim
1. Niggaz Know feat. J-Dilla - Pete Rock

 

Post a Comment