8.12.2005

Friday Random Ten

The Decemberists


Hey, it's Friday already! It's been an exciting week since we last did the Random Ten--Queer as Folk ended, my car got smashed up at the Meijer parking lot (that will teach me to give my money to fundies!), and I got a raise! How exciting. Actually, it's not. My raise was so miniscule that I might just be able to use it to fix my injured car.

But forget all of that--it's Rich's birthday! Happy birthday, Rich! And it's Friday, which means it's time for musical randomness. If you don't know the rules shame on you, 'cause this shit is hardly new. Here's mine: The Friday Random Ten, Happy Birthday Mark Knopfler Rich Edition!


  1. The People's Limousine - Elvis Costello & T-Bone Burnett
  2. Our Dying Brains - Grandaddy
  3. I Left My Wallet in El Segundo - A Tribe Called Quest
  4. Hounds of Love - The Futureheads
  5. Across 110th Street - Bobby Womack & Peace
  6. F the CC - Steve Earle
  7. The Mariner's Revenge Song - The Decemberists
  8. New Kicks - Le Tigre
  9. Erection - The Faint
  10. Girl Anachronism - Dresden Dolls


Your turn!

Labels:

annamaria at 8:46 AM

5 spoke

5 Comments

at Friday, August 12, 2005 11:32:00 AM Blogger Kurt said...

Allow me to add my birthday wishes as well. Tuesday would've been my mom's 83rd, so enjoy it Rich.
And speaking of dates, commerations, and Aug 9th, this is my Jerry Garcia passing random ten. Not strictly following the rules, this is from the harddrive ->Grateful Dead or Jerry (solo or with his band)->random in Windows Media Player
Terrapin Station, Part 1
Mississippi Moon
King Solomon's Mines
We Can Run
I'll Take A Melody
Friend of the Devil
Eyes of the World
That Lucky Old Sun
Study for "Eep Hour"
Dear Prudence

A good start to a mellow weekend. Thanks for indulging this "Wharfrat" (a Deadhead who is no longer using)...

 
at Friday, August 12, 2005 11:41:00 AM Blogger ID said...

Oh what a morose Fri-Ra-Ten.

10. Inner City Blues - Marvin Gaye
9. Legendary Athletes - Athletic Mic League
8. Fuckin' You Tonight - Notorious B.I.G & R.Kelly
7. Walk on the Wild Side - Lou Reed
6. Sly Want Dub - King Tubby & Friends
5. The Sweater Song - Weezer
4. People are People - Depeche Mode
3. Wave of Mutilation - The Pixies
2. This Night has Opened my Eyes - The Smiths
1. The Dope Show - Marilyn Manson

Cheers to Rich.

And it's a sad day in blogging. Rob's blog calls it quits. "The blog is dead, long live the blog."

 
at Friday, August 12, 2005 11:46:00 AM Blogger Kurt said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
at Friday, August 12, 2005 1:56:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another year closer to death! Oh well, there's always Friday Random 10 to cheer me up... :)

1) The Game - Put You On The Game
2) Clor - Love & Pain
3) Phosphorescent - How Far We All Come Away
4) Sons And Daughters - Dance Me In
5) Dipset - The Best Out
6) M.I.A. - Galang
7) Kylie Minogue - Sweet Music
8) Siouxsie & The Banshees - Spellbound
9) Kool G Rap - Streets Of New York
10) Willie Dixon & Memphis Slim - Nervous

 
at Friday, August 12, 2005 2:05:00 PM Blogger annamaria said...

Rich said:

"Another year closer to death!"

Actually, seeing as how it's your 27th birthday, in true rockstar fashion you'll most likely die before the year is up. ;)

 

Post a Comment