9.16.2005

Friday Random Ten

I Heart Ted Leo


Ugh. I'm sick. My head hurts and I'm tired and I just want to go home and sleep. But, instead, I'm at work, hating all of my co-workers without headaches and fucked up sinuses, and seriously considering a career in telemarketing or something, so that no one can fault me for hating my job so much. Of course, I could find a job that I don't hate, but then what would I complain about?

You know what I don't hate, though? The Friday Random Ten. Mostly because it happens on Fridays, and Fridays mean weekends, and weekends mean sleep. My list this week is a little strange--I'm in the midst of transferring all of my mp3s from one program to another, and managed to weed out all of the shit that got on there when I wasn't looking (translation: all of the songs I'm embarrassed to own). So, most of this is either stuff I downloaded this week, or songs that I simply cannot live without (See Roxy Music. See a happy Annamaria).

  1. The Man in Black - Johnny Cash
  2. Dry Drunk Emperor - TV on the Radio
  3. svefn g englar - Sigur Ros
  4. Cold Wind - The Arcade Fire
  5. Cash Machine - Hard-Fi
  6. Breathe Me - Sia
  7. Hummingbird (live) - Wilco
  8. Avalon - Roxy Music
  9. The Angels' Share - Ted Leo & The Pharmacists
  10. Seagulls Screaming Kiss Her, Kiss Her - XTC


You know what to do.

Labels:

annamaria at 10:41 AM

5 spoke

5 Comments

at Friday, September 16, 2005 3:13:00 PM Blogger Kurt said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
at Friday, September 16, 2005 3:14:00 PM Blogger Kurt said...

Ordinarily, I post my Friday Random Ten at Jen and Annamarie's, but it appears Anna took the day off.This is posted on my blog, but now I feel bad...
I missed out last week because I was very busy with work and leaving early. But here are the rules to make your list
Do it like your mama told you: Fire up your IPOD, MP3 or other digital media player, set to random play, and list the first ten songs. See list encapsulate your entire personality in ten simple songs
Here's my list:
1)Norah Jones - Be Here to Love Me
2)Los Lonely Boys - Nobody Else
3)Paul Brown - Moment By Moment
4)Jerry Garcia - Rubin & Cherise
5)John Fahey - Wine and Roses
6)Lisa Loeb - Stay
7)Peter, Paul, and Mary - Deportee
8)Nanci Griffith - Traveling Through This Part of You
9)Musiq - Something
10)Ben Folds Five - Lullabye
Anna, if you're looking, Gene Autry by Beulah was playing as I started typing this. Thanks again for turning me on to them. Check out this Austin band:
Topaz
Download or listen to the song Emperor. It is very cool.
I hope you feel better.

 
at Friday, September 16, 2005 3:27:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't heart Ted Leo as much as me! :)


1) I'm From Barcelona - We're From Barcelona
2) Final Fantasy - Peach, Plum, Pear
3) Jose Gonzalez - Crosses
4) Love As Laughter - In Amber
5) Nada Surf - Blankest Year
6) Portastatic - I Wanna Know Girls
7) The Heavy Blinkers - Try Telling That To My Baby
8) Blackalicious feat. Life Savas - Your Move
9) Eisley - I Wasn't Prepared
10) The Diskettes - How Bizarre

 
at Friday, September 16, 2005 4:09:00 PM Blogger ID said...

Yeah.

10. Train in Vain - The Clash
9. Takeover - Jay-Z
8. Jump! - Kriss Kross
7. Fist Full of Steel - RATM
6. Passin' Me By - The Pharcyde
5. Misled - Moodymann
4. Pictures of You - The Cure
3. Shazam! - Beastie Boys
2. In The Ghetto - Fat Elvis
1. She is My Everything - John Prine ( For my beatiful wife! Happy Anniversary!)

 
at Friday, September 16, 2005 4:26:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay Ian- that was the cutest thing ever!!!

 

Post a Comment