9.23.2005

Friday Random Ten



Alright, so I'm a little late again this week. I started actually working at work, and completely forgot to post this! Sorry!

Anyway, before we commence with the music, just want to say hello to new BOMT reader Lauren! Lauren and I were the best of friends all through high school and college, and inexplicably lost touch for a few years. Then one day my caffeine addiction brought me to the local Caribou Coffee, and who should I see but Lauren in all her sassy cuteness making some ridiculously over-priced drink for some ridiculously over-paid suburbanite. And I must say, I ran into her just in time--I was beginning to bemoan my lack of barista friends willing to keep me in free coffee.

So, the list this week is truly random. And a good indication that I probably have some serious psychological problems, as this is the only thing that account for the fact that I can fill a list with indie-rock, and not see a problem with having Neil Diamond* on there, too. Come on, people--is there a better song than "Shilo"?? I think not.


  1. St. Monday - Billy Bragg and the Blokes
  2. Me, Myself and I - De La Soul
  3. Shilo - Neil Diamond
  4. Bitches Ain't Shit - Ben Folds
  5. Girl Anachronism - Dresden Dolls
  6. Come On! Feel the Illinoise! - Sufjan Stevens
  7. A Man's Life Flashing Before His Eyes While He And His Wife Drive Off A Cliff Into The Ocean - Of Montreal
  8. My Boyfriend's Back - The Raveonettes
  9. Lost in the Plot - The Dears
  10. My Mother was a Chinese Trapeze Artist - The Decemberists


Your turn!

---------------
*Once again I feel the need to point out that Neil Diamond and I share a birthday.

Labels:

annamaria at 9:38 AM

2 spoke

2 Comments

at Friday, September 23, 2005 12:29:00 PM Blogger Kurt said...

I so look forward to F.R.T. I didn't even have time to read any blogs this week but I gotta come see what y'all are listening...
1)Indigo Girls - Joking
2)Jerry Garcia & Dave Grisman - Grateful Dawg
3)Paul Brown - 24/7
4)Dean Martin - You're Nobody 'Til Somebody Loves You
5)Billy Bragg - California Stars
6)Traiffic - Rainmaker
7)Mindy Smith- Come to Jesus
8)Moody Bluegrass - Your Wildest Dreams
9)Joni Mitchell - Big Yellow Taxi
10)Norah Jones - The Prettiest Thing

 
at Friday, September 23, 2005 1:56:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Neil Diamond did an album called Hot August Night (two, actually!), and my birthday is in August, so there! ;)

Anyhow...


1) Okkervil River - For Real
2) Wolf Parade - This Heart's On Fire
3) Bram Tchaikovsky - Girl Of My Dreams
4) Ghostface Killah - Be Easy
5) Bona Roba - In The Cut
6) The Deathray Davies - I Regret The Day I Tried To Steal Daniel's Ego
7) Guns 'N' Roses - Patience
8) Ann Peebles - The Rain
9) Squeeze - Up The Junction
10) Psapp - Leaving In Coffins

 

Post a Comment