9.03.2005

I hate the Red Cross.



I have already talked about, to some extent, my hate of the Red Cross. An additional reason would be its mismanagement of 9/11 donations and blood bank operations (notably, continuing to call for blood donations, as it is their profitable little bit of bread and butter, even though they knew the blood would not be needed)

So where do I, being a caring individual, donate funds for hurricane relief?

Annamaria suggests to try the American Friends Service Committee, a Quaker organization which promotes peace, non-violence and social justice, currently accepting donations on behalf of the victims of Hurricane Katrina.

Another option I am considering? Either the ASPCA or Humane Society of the United States.

Wherever you decide to donate, if you decide to donate, just be sure to do your homework to make sure the most of your donation is actually going to disaster relief. Non-profit analysis sites like GuideStar and Charity Navigator are extremely helpful in this area.

Anonymous at 12:47 AM

2 spoke

2 Comments

at Wednesday, September 07, 2005 10:43:00 AM Blogger annamaria said...

Alright, so here's my dilemma. I already gave money to the American Friends Service Committee (because I'm all about the Quakers), but now I found out that my company is doing a donation matching program for the American Red Cross. So...do I give them money through work, knowing that it will force corporate America to do something good, or do I continue to hate the homophobes?

 
at Wednesday, September 07, 2005 6:58:00 PM Blogger chase said...

I've listed some alt sources in my blog if that helps any. ::shrugs:: you couldnt pay me to give to the red cross, but i have been getting emails from people who actually know people who need stuff, so that works for me.

 

Post a Comment