11.04.2005

Friday Random Ten

Franz FerdinandScissor Sisters
The two most fashionable bands in the world


Ugh. It's only 10 a.m. here in beautiful Pontiac, Michigan* and I'm already ready to call it a day. Not only do I have a month-end logistics analysis due in, oh, 45 minutes, but I had to sit through a boring meeting about why the terrorists are forcing us to wear security badges at work. Seriously. Then I got to have a lovely chat with someone from New Zealand when I called the tech help desk because my color printer--you know, the one that I need in order to complete the month-end logistics analysis--decided that today was a good day to pull a Psycho and feign illness. Damn you, Printer! I've checked dozens of times and you do not have a fucking paper jam!

The help desk guy was nice, though. This is the first time I've actually talked to a Kiwi at the help desk. Last week, I spoke with a lovely man from South Africa--very cool dulcet tones from that one. I was almost sad when he fixed my technical problems so quickly. The New Zealander was kind enough to stretch out the conversation for a good 40 minutes, wherein he asked me how far Pontiac is from Ohio and Indiana for seemingly no good reason. He also inquired about the weather and my plans for the weekend. Not sure if he was planning on hopping on a plane just in case I needed a date this weekend.

So far, the only good thing about today is that I can share with you, dear readers, this fabulous mp3 that I (okay, it was Rich) found yesterday. Scissor Sisters and Franz Ferdinand cover my favorite Bowie song? This just bolsters my firmly held belief that in a parallel universe I, Annamaria, am actually Ana Matronic.


  1. Suffragette City - Franz Ferdinand and Scissor Sisters
  2. Jig of Life - Kate Bush
  3. Chewing Gum - Annie
  4. Entertain - Sleater Kinney
  5. NY Groove - Ace Frehley
  6. Do You Realize? (live in Detroit!) - Beck
  7. 10:1 - Rogue Wave
  8. She's the One - World Party
  9. New York, New York - Ryan Adams
  10. The Lady From Reims - Reclinerland (f. Colin Meloy)


Your Turn! And don't forget to check out that song!

-----------------
*Michiganders will immediately recognize the sarcasm here. Non-Michiganders will be advised to avoid Pontiac at all costs.

Labels:

annamaria at 10:06 AM

3 spoke

3 Comments

at Friday, November 04, 2005 10:57:00 AM Blogger Kurt said...

Thanks for the link. I'll give it a listen in a bit.
Here's my list for today:
1-John Hiatt - Thing Called Love
2-Lauryn Hill - Doo Wop (That Thing)
3-Juanes - Unica
4-Loreena McKennitt - The Two Trees
5-Diana Krall - Just The Way You Are it's not bad when it's not Billy Joel
6-Grateful Dead - It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry
7-John Prine - Jesus, The Missing Years
8-Peter, Paul & Mary - Right Field
9-Chaka Demus & Pliers - Murder She Wrote
10-Bruce Springsteen - Nebraska

 
at Friday, November 04, 2005 12:26:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surely no one is more excited about the Johnny Cash movie than I am? I refuse to believe that it's possible!

Anyhow...


1) Fishboy - Cheer Up Great Pumpkin
2) Devin Davis - Iron Woman
3) Andrew Bird - Sovay
4) The Teenage Prayers - Annihilation
5) P:ano - T. Hatch Says 'Round Every Corner'
6) CocoRosie - Ohio
7) Animal Collective - Grass
8) José González - Heartbeats
9) Okkervil River - Another Radio Song
10) Sufjan Stevens - John Wayne Gacy Jr.

 
at Monday, November 07, 2005 5:21:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I sit here at my stupid job at 5:20 p.m. eating my bowl of cereal, i just needed to comment Annamaria about how funny your commentary was! So, thank you for providing me with a chuckle!

 

Post a Comment