12.09.2005

Friday Random Ten



I really hate snow. You'd think having lived in Michigan for nearly 28 years (5 spent in Kalamazoo, where 10-12 in snowfalls are the norm) I'd be used to this shit. I'm not. Everytime it snows, I freak out and drive like an 80-year-old grandmother. That's a lie; 80-year-old grandmothers pass me on the highway.

But I was a trooper today, and I made it to work without any major catastrophes (despite getting my little car stuck in the snow three times before even leaving my subdivision). I think I deserve a medal or something...

So, here's your Friday Random Ten, I hate snow edition:


  1. The Pledge - Brendan Benson
  2. The Big Light - Elvis Costello
  3. Dirty Old Town - Ted Leo & The Pharmacists
  4. Blue You - The Magnetic Fields
  5. Brooklyn Is Burning - Head Automatica
  6. For Today I Am a Boy - Antony & The Johnsons
  7. Hearts - Bonnie 'Prince' Billy
  8. Naked As We Came - Iron & Wine
  9. Drunken Tears - Quasi
  10. Gimme Indie Rock - Sebadoh

Your turn!

Labels:

annamaria at 11:52 AM

4 spoke

4 Comments

at Friday, December 09, 2005 2:01:00 PM Blogger Kurt said...

Having grown up in CT, and having to leave for work 2 hours early when it snows, I feel for you. We were allowed to come late yesterday in Dallas because it was cold (18 degrees). School called and everything. Well, there was that sixteenth inch of ice...
Here's my 10:
1)Among Thorns - Come Holy Spirit
2)Pinback - Afk
3)Lucha Villa - Ingratos Ojos Mios
4)Vicente Fernandez - No te me Borras
5)Neil Young - Like a Hurricane
6)Jerry Garcia Band - Down Home
7)Crazyhorse - Grandpa's Interview
8)Keb'Mo' - Standin' at the Station
9)Neil Young - Old Man
10)Poi Dog Pondering - Big Beautiful Spoon

I really don't have that much Neil Young. iTunes is feeling him today.

 
at Friday, December 09, 2005 2:25:00 PM Blogger annamaria said...

Yeah, I heard they called a snow emergency in Austin, despite the complete lack of snow. Texas is a strange place.

Of course, years ago when I went to Liverpool to visit Rich, the quarter inch of snow justified a "SNOW CRISIS!!!" headline in the local paper, and a grounded flight at Manchester International. Brits are pretty strange, too.

 
at Friday, December 09, 2005 2:41:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Randomness! Abounds!


1) Broken Social Scene - Ibi Dreams Of Pavement
2) Okkervil River - For The Captain
3) The Pink Mountaintops - New Drug Queens
4) Stars - Elevator Love Letter
5) Destroyer - 3000 Flowers
6) British Sea Power - It Ended On An Oily Stage
7) Half-Handed Cloud - I Got A Letter
8) Oh No! Oh My! - Walk In The Park
9) Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - Oceans Of Weep
10) Go Betty Go - The Pirate Song

 
at Friday, December 09, 2005 5:43:00 PM Blogger Dane meets Simone said...

man, how much do i love that "Drunken Tears" song.

 

Post a Comment