1.27.2006

FRT: AG Hearts EC

The only Elvis that matters

Please excuse my light posting these past couple of weeks. I spent last week getting ready for my trip to LA, and spent this week catching up on work and sleep after LA. And I managed to get my right index finger mangled by my car door the other day. It's ugly and painful, and the massive amount of gauze and tape my doctor put on it is making it really difficult to type. The good news is that nothing is broken; the bad news is that the latex finger covering my doctor is forcing me to wear makes it look like I'm constantly ready to give someone a prostate exam.

I'm not sure what's up with my random ten this week, because it's not even remotely random--there are four Elvis Costello songs on here! Granted, three are covers, but a 40% EC list is excessive even for me. Also, I am including a link to the Eef Barzelay song that's #1 on my list...listen to the first verse and you'll understand why it's my new favorite song.

  1. Ballad of Bitter Honey - Eef Barzelay (MOKB)
  2. Riot Act - Elvis Costello & The Attractions
  3. Bad Girl - Detroit Cobras
  4. Girls Talk - Dave Edmunds
  5. Joanna - Scott Walker
  6. Stop! - The Bens
  7. Try a Little Tenderness - Otis Redding
  8. Indoor Fireworks - Laura Cantrell
  9. Clementine (Live @ KEXP) - Colin Meloy
  10. Hidden Shame - Johnny Cash

Your turn!

Labels:

annamaria at 9:25 AM

6 spoke

6 Comments

at Friday, January 27, 2006 10:17:00 AM Blogger Kurt said...

Yay! You're back after an (I'm certain) amazing time. When you commented, I immediately remembered reading about this planned excursion and felt bad for not even thinking of it. Vacations and trips are SO far from my world right now...
Here's my FRT -
1)Relient K - High of 75
2)Yes - South Side of the Sky
3)Jerry Garcia - It Takes A Lot to Laugh, It Takes A Train to Cry
4)Robbers On High Street - Spanish Teeth
5)Jonah 33 - Working Man Hands
6)Steely Dan (the original Coin Operated Boy!) - Kid Charlemagne
7)Lucinda Williams - Still I Long For Your Kiss
8)Third Day - These THoudand Hills
9)Poco - Let's Dance Tonight
10)Dave Mathews Band - Proudest Monkey
Everyone enjoy the weekend.

 
at Friday, January 27, 2006 8:05:00 PM Blogger Kurt said...

ok, i had to wait until i was home to listen to this. and i like it.

 
at Friday, January 27, 2006 8:50:00 PM Blogger Wake of the Flood said...

Normally my FRT consists of the same songs and groups over and over again like you with 4 Elvis costello this week. This week I'm incredibly random - skitzo even.
1. Twila Paris - Father, We are here
2. Peter Tosh - Legalize It
3. Journey - Open Arms
4. Eagles - Hotel California (live re-union version)
5. count Basie -- the Jungle King
6. dizzie Gillespie - Hot House
7. Charlie Parker - Ornithology
8. Toots & the Maytals - Redemption Song
9. Stan Getz - Desafinado
10. bill Anderson - The Old Rugged Cross

 
at Friday, January 27, 2006 9:06:00 PM Blogger Wake of the Flood said...

Eef Barzelay: interesting. think I want to hear some more from this guy. Thanks for the introduction. and over on MOKB I saw that Colin Meloy is doing a show not too far from the college my son attends in Maryland. He's a fan of the decemberists so I wonder if they'll try and go.... oh to be 19 again (but only if I can still know what I know now)

 
at Monday, January 30, 2006 8:55:00 AM Blogger annamaria said...

Kurt and Wake: You should check out Eef's band, Clem Snide. They're a cheeky alt.country band from Brooklyn...lots of fun. Here's a site with mp3s. There is a song on there called "Enrique Iglesias' Mole;" the song is every bit as good as its name.

 
at Monday, January 30, 2006 9:44:00 AM Blogger Kurt said...

omg. that song is really fun. i bet these guys live shows are a blast...thanks for the link. you ever listen to Portishead? i was turned on to them this weekend.

 

Post a Comment