2.17.2006

Friday Random Ten



I've noticed a bit of increased traffic from our new friends over at the cleverly named Clever Titles Are So Last Summer, and since the Friday Random Ten demands participation, I thought I'd give everyone a refresher on the rules:

Here's my list, which unfortunately isn't very random--mostly indie rock, with a pinch of Prince to liven things up. Except, of course, it's Diamonds and Pearls which isn't very lively. In fact, I don't even like that song. Of the hundreds of Prince songs I own, why is that the only one that ever shows up on this thing?

  1. King of Carrot Flowers Pt.1 (live) - Neutral Milk Hotel
  2. Confused - Lou Barlow
  3. That Was My Veil - PJ Harvey & John Parrish
  4. Small Town Shit - Hotel Lights
  5. Little Savage - Elvis Costello & The Attractions
  6. Diamonds and Pearls - Prince
  7. Road to Rock N'Roll - Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros
  8. Tiny Spark - Brendan Benson
  9. Philosophy - Ben Folds Five
  10. Life's What You Make It - Talk Talk

Your turn!

Labels:

annamaria at 7:35 AM

5 spoke

5 Comments

at Friday, February 17, 2006 9:34:00 AM Blogger Wake of the Flood said...

I get to post a good FRT rather than my usual dribble. (Well, good if you're old and lost in the past like moi) Maybe today is gonna be a really good day.
Crosby, Stills & Nash - Pre Road Downs
Bob Dylan - John Wesley Harding
King Crimson - I Talk to the Wind
Sara Groves - Know My Heart
Stan Getz - Girl from Ipanema
Grateful Dead - Eyes of the World
Louis Armstrong - Hello Dolly
The Band - Who Do You Love
Doors - End of the Night
Rich Mullins - Step by Step

and the next ten look real good too!

 
at Friday, February 17, 2006 9:50:00 AM Blogger Kurt said...

wake, i need you to send me the Stan Getz! i love that song. here's my list:
Out of Line - The Bravery
I Walk the Line - Johnnie Cash
Jack Straw- The Grateful Dead
Last Fair Deal Gone Down - Keb'Mo'
Sour Times - Portishead
Valerie - Jerry Garcia
Bring Back Your Love to Me - John Hiatt
El Camino De La Noche - Jose Alfredo Jimenez
Breath of Life - Among Thorns
Little Star - Stin Nordenstam

BTW, the high temp in Dallas was 80 yesterday. This morning it is in the 30s and we might break 45 today. No wonder people get sick here.

 
at Friday, February 17, 2006 11:25:00 AM Blogger annamaria said...

Jen, I think I liked you better when you were missing.

 
at Friday, February 17, 2006 1:43:00 PM Blogger ID said...

Dead and Bloated - STP
Say a Little Prayer - Aretha Franklin
Someday Never Comes - CCR
Candela - Buena Vista Social Club
Teach the Children - Eric B. & Rakim
The Holiday Song - Pixies
Psycho Killer - Talking Heads
Imaginary Player - Jay-Z
Got Some Teeth - Obie Trice
Tainted Love - Soft Cell

 
at Monday, February 20, 2006 6:30:00 AM Blogger Johnboy said...

I love that Ben Folds song! Hey check out my 12 from a recent run...very random.

http:\\infusionofthought.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment