3.10.2006

Friday Random Ten

So I'm still upset about the Project Runway finale. Stupid Chloe! I thought her collection was terrible--all that shiny fabric and puffy sleeves; it was like something straight out of Dynasty, only with less class. And I didn't think that was possible. She had a couple of decent pieces (see outfit on the right), but over all I thought it was tacky and unattractive.

Daniel might have missed the mark on creating a cohesive story (I'm still not seeing the whole military/Asian theme), but his sportsware collection was beautiful. He created a line of clothing that would flatter just about any woman, particularly this gorgeous double-breasted wool coat and beautiful wrap sweater.

I honestly didn't think Daniel was going to win, but I figured if he was going to lose Santino would be the winner. Say what you will about his dickish attitude and general inability to make any of his clothes fit an actual woman, the man is a fucking visionary. While Daniel creates beautiful and wearable clothes, Santino creates works of art. They may not appeal to everyone, but you can't deny that they are original and creative pieces. Stupid Chloe!

Is it wrong that the last time I felt this completely out of touch with voters was when Bush was re-elected?

Ugh. I'm so upset!

Anyway, since I am the only one that cares about this show at all, I'm just going to stop now and give you my Friday Random Ten. Hopefully that will cheer me up!

  1. Leave You Behind - Sleater Kinney
  2. The Bagman's Gambit - The Decemberists
  3. Ace of Spades - Hayseed Dixie
  4. Good Year for the Roses - Elvis Costello & The Attractions
  5. Lullabye - Ben Folds Five
  6. Freaking Out - Graham Coxon
  7. I Disappear - The Faint
  8. Whatever Happened to Corey Haim - The Thrills
  9. Bizarre Love Triangle - Frente!
  10. The Twist - Metric
Your turn!

Labels:

annamaria at 7:57 AM

4 spoke

4 Comments

at Friday, March 10, 2006 9:22:00 AM Blogger Dane meets Simone said...

I hated her collection too but I wasn't sorry she won. That girl is cute. ;)

But my beef with the show, starting today, is that I never knew that Zulema has been in a three-year relationship with a woman!

From Nerve.com.

Is there anything one should never do on camera?
I don't feel like I was fairly edited on the show. I'm married to an editor.

You never talked about your husband on the show.
My wife. I did talk about her, they just chose not to air it.

They make you out to be this fabulous straight, single woman.
I know. The people who [the producers of the show] want to look good will look fabulous even though they're monsters. People who say almost nothing can be made to look like the devil. With reality shows, there's a script.

But is there a general rule on not talking about family, ex-boyfriends or sexual experiences?
No, because did you know I was gay or married?

No.
They air what they want to air. There are no general rules.

No wonder she wanted that walk-off! Go girl.

 
at Friday, March 10, 2006 9:32:00 AM Blogger annamaria said...

Oh, I agree that Chloe is adorable, and I thought that she was one of the nicest people on the show. She was even patient with Daniel Franco! I'd like her as a friend, but there is no way in hell I would have her design anything for me!

As for Zulema--no fucking way! I can't believe that the editors went to such great lengths to conceal her sexual identity, particularly when they highlighted Daniel V's coming out story. It seems to play into some very disturbing gender stereotypes. We expect Daniel V., Nick and Andrae to be gay because, well, they're into fashion. But lesbians are supposed to be butch, so what could they possibly know about pretty things. Now I'm even more pissed at this stupid show! :)

 
at Friday, March 10, 2006 9:53:00 AM Blogger Kurt said...

Let me try to cheer you up - I discovered this site the has 18 of The Decemberists concerts available - Live Archive Decemberists list
And here is a link to a Ted Leo show that you can stream with winamp or iTunes - Ted Leo in NY, NY

Here's my list:
1)Poor Man's Dream - Jimmy LaFave
2)Simple Song - Lyle Lovett
3)Free - Rachel Lampa
4)Cowboy Man - Lyle Lovett
5)Predictable - Good Charlotte
6)Sugar Mountain - Neil Young
7)First Love - Salim Nourallah
8)Los Dos Vestidos - Los Tigres del Norte
9)Sleep To Dream - Fiona Apple
10)Mercy Mercy Me - Marvin Gaye

 
at Saturday, March 11, 2006 5:34:00 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, half of my mp3 collection is now Swedish...

1: Peter, Bjorn & John - Teen Love
2: Tralala - Fired Up
3: Sibyl Vane - New Beginnings
4: Mates Of State - Nature And The Wreck
5: Orkester Pipero - Grozdobersko Horo
6: Rough Bunnies - Modern Love
7: The Second Band - A Song I Can't Recall
8: Prince - Baby, I'm A Star
9: The Walkmen - The Rat
10: Sibiria - Christian Olsson

 

Post a Comment