3.31.2006

Friday Random Ten

I hate busy weeks. Seriously, running at full staff now that Psycho is back at work should have meant a few days of slacking at the office, but I've been busy with random projects every day (stupid month-end!). I even had to put together a tutorial on Excel for my spreadsheet-challanged co-workers; it included helpful step-by-step instructions and handy screenprints and I still had people running into my office completely unable to figure out how to delete a fucking column. I told one co-worker to highlight the column and right click and she looked at my blankly--in all her years working with computers, she apparently never realized that there are two buttons on her mouse. I'm seriously considering posting a sign outside my office saying "IT Department" and demanding a raise.

But at least it's Friday. Yay for Fridays! Two days of sleeping in and generally slacking await. And, of course, if it's Friday, that means it's time for the Friday Random Ten! Here's mine:
  1. It Ain't Me Babe - Johnny Cash & June Carter
  2. Jack of All Parades - Elvis Costello
  3. Tell Balgeary, Balgury is Dead - TL/Rx
  4. Brick - Ben Folds Five
  5. Tip My Canoe - Dengue Fever
  6. Situation - Yaz
  7. Mama, Don't You Think I Know - His Name Is Alive
  8. Ana Ng - They Might Be Giants
  9. World Love - The Magnetic Fields
  10. A Cautionary Song - The Decemberists

Your turn!

Labels:

annamaria at 7:18 AM

4 spoke

4 Comments

at Friday, March 31, 2006 11:43:00 AM Blogger Kurt said...

wow! you have been busy posting as well as being a resident geek-girl (in the best way, please don't take offense :-) ) there are some posts i need to read! but alas, it has been a busy week for us too!
here's my list:
1)Does This Bus Stop at 82nd St? - Bruce Springsteen
2)You and Me Song - The Wannadies
3)When I Paint My Masterpiece - Grateful Dead
4)My Loneliness - Los Lonely Boys
5)I've Been To Memphis - Lyle Lovett
6)Grateful - Scarecrow Collection
7)Seasons - Good Charlotte
8)My Sweet Lord - George Harrison
9)Somos Mas Americanos - Los Tigres Del Norte
10)Natural Beauty - Neil Young

 
at Friday, March 31, 2006 11:53:00 AM Blogger annamaria said...

Wow, and here I was thinking that most of my posts this week have been sub-par. Nice to know some of you are so easy to please! :)

 
at Friday, March 31, 2006 2:34:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's mine:

1) Hello Saferide - Highschool Stalker
2) Bishop Allen - The Monitor
3)Otomo Yoshihide's New Jazz Ensemble - Preach
4) Colin Clary - Five Record Players And A Projector
5) Final Fantasy - This Is The Dream Of Evan & Cam
6) Talking Heads - Don't Worry About The Government
7) Marit Larsen - Only A Fool
8) Euros Childs - My Country Girl
9) Pink Nasty - Burn
10) Neutral Milk Hotel - Holland 1945

 
at Friday, March 31, 2006 3:22:00 PM Blogger Unknown said...

Streets of Bakersfield-Dwight and Buck
Nuthin'I wouldn't do Joe Bonamassa
Trouble Waiting-Joe Bonamassa
Fat man in the Bathtub-Little Feat
Lawyers,Guns and Money-Warren Zevon
Jesus done left Chicago-ZZ Top
Still Rainin'-Jonny Lang
I've been loving you too long-Otis Redding
Low spark of High-heeled boys-Traffic
Turn to Stone-Joe Walsh

The whole city of Bakersfield heard that first one..it was played on every radio station regardless of format at high noon.neat huh?

 

Post a Comment