8.18.2006

Friday Random Ten: No Time for Commentary!



Sorry, totally running late this morning and working off my very limited mp3 collection on my computer at work. Very limited. Also hidden in about eighteen subfiles so that only a really ambitious snooper would realize I'm wasting precious server space on roughly 300 songs. I'm actually impressed by how random the work collection is; not sure what work-related activity required Grandmaster Flash, but I'm glad it's there.

  1. To Hell With Poverty - Gang of Four
  2. Star - Belly
  3. Crazy on You - Heart
  4. Heavenly - The Dandy Warhols
  5. Rocks - Primal Scream
  6. Sit Down By The Fire - The Pogues
  7. The Message - Grandmaster Flash and The Furious Five
  8. This Is Radio Clash - The Clash
  9. Looks Just Like the Sun - Broken Social Scene
  10. This Is Our Emergency - Pretty Girls Make Graves

Rich was also kind enough to send me some new songs off the upcoming Decemberists album. I'd post them here, but it's really not worth the effort since Capitol has been handing out cease and desist letters like candy. I'll just gloat and tell you that they're all fabulous (with one minor exception, but I think that song will even grow on me eventually) and that you'll love the album come October. Of course, you could also pre-order the CD through Amazon by simply clicking on the cute album cover at the top of this post.

Happy shopping! And don't forget to post your random tens!

Labels:

annamaria at 9:40 AM

4 spoke

4 Comments

at Friday, August 18, 2006 10:09:00 AM Blogger Kurt said...

wow. why does work seem to try and overrun our lives? great idea about hiding things on the server....i have nearly filled the 40gb drive in my desktop pc. i wonder if i can find access to it...or maybe i can stash stuff on darryl's pc and share the folder....hmmm something to think about as i slave away -
1- Somewhere Beyond the Sea - Bobby Darin
2- Military Wives - The Decemberists
3- That's It For The Other One - Dark Star Orchestra
4- Big River - The Grateful Dead
5- Guelah Papyrus - Phish
6- Sultans of Swing - Agents of Good Roots
7- Pedestal - Portishead
8- When I Grow Up - Michelle Shocked
9- Mr. Soul - Neil Young
10- Anchorage - Michelle Shocked

 
at Friday, August 18, 2006 12:36:00 PM Blogger annamaria said...

Oooh! Look at Person X being all cool and calling Sixteen Military Wives by its demo name! You just didn't want to look like a follower by having the same song on your list as Kurt!

 
at Friday, August 18, 2006 1:47:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

That "Crane Wife" artwork freaks me out!

Anywayz...

1: I'm From Barcelona - Collection Of Stamps
2: Will Stratton - I'd Hate To Leave You
3: XTC - I'm The Man Who Murdered Love
4: The Hidden Cameras - Death Of A Tune
5: Marit Bergman - No Party
6: Squeeze - Another Nail Through My Heart
7: Heartless Bastards - Searching For The Ghost
8: Jacob Borshard - 6,000,000 Dead Punks Can't Be Wrong
9: Horse Feathers - Hardwood Pews
10: A.C. Newman - TransCanada

 
at Wednesday, August 23, 2006 9:23:00 AM Blogger Kurt said...

as i was joyfully driving to work this morning, laughing along to Harcore For Cards, i was struck by this thought - "i think annamaria enjoyed the movie Little Shop of Horrors."
thanks again for Person X's birthday present. :-)

 

Post a Comment