8.05.2005

Friday Random Ten

There’s something I gotta ask you. I just wanna know, what are you gonna do for me? I mean, are you gonna liberate us girls from male white corporate oppression?


I'm convinced that this post by Ian should be required reading for all parents. You see, Ian, Jen and I are probably the most child-hating people on the planet. Well, perhaps child-hating is a bit harsh. We mean your children no harm, we would just like for you to keep them away from us. Unless we want to play with them, in which case we can toss a ball or run in circles or whatever it is that little kids like to do, but at the sight of tears or dirty diapers, please expect your children to be returned to you. Please see the rant from earlier this week about naming your children, and you'll see that I'm in a decidedly anti-parental mood this week. Must be the birth control pills kicking in.

Needless to say, I have a wonderful relationship with my nine nieces and nephews.

Anyway, that has nothing to do with the topic at hand, just a digression that I couldn't ignore. What really matters is the Friday Random Ten. I tried to come up with a witty title this week, and but the best I could do is "I swear I will send those damn CDs out this weekend!" edition. It will have to do. Otherwise Kerri is going to kick my ass.


  1. Feeling Called Love - Pulp
  2. Kiss Me Like You Mean It - Magnetic Fields
  3. Mary - Lou Barlow
  4. Superstar - Sonic Youth
  5. Ring of Fire - Johnny Cash
  6. Raindrop - The Reindeer Section
  7. Scenario - A Tribe Called Quest
  8. My Sharona - The Knack
  9. Lullaby - The Cure
  10. Love in a Trashcan - The Raveonettes


Your turn!

Labels:

annamaria at 8:20 AM

5 spoke

5 Comments

at Friday, August 05, 2005 9:52:00 AM Blogger Kurt said...

From the hard drive this week -
1- Beatles - Lady Madonna
2-Third Day - Rock Star
3-Jars of Clay - This Road
4-DC Talk - Walls
5-Bruce Springstein - 57 Channels (and Nothin' On)
6-Jars of Clay - Hand
7-Beatles - I Feel Fine
8-Jerry Garcia - That's a Touch I Like
9-Joan Sebastian (a male) - Juanita, Flor de Walamo
10-Rock n Roll Worship Circus - Come On Get Down

 
at Friday, August 05, 2005 12:11:00 PM Blogger Unknown said...

Ok, i read the post (since you claim that it is required reading for all parents, which I am now a part of). I promise to keep ben from doing all that stupid crap. :)

 
at Friday, August 05, 2005 1:10:00 PM Blogger annamaria said...

I have no fears as concerns Ben. Mostly because I know that Alison would never stand for him doing anything that annoying. You on the other hand... :)

 
at Friday, August 05, 2005 1:30:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, my 10:

1) Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Is This Love
2) Hartley Goldstein - Brad Wood
3) Clor - Magic Touch
4) Trio - Da Da Da
5) Vitalic - My Friend Dario
6) Robbers On High Street - Japanese Girls
7) British Sea Power - Please Stand Up
8) 13 & God - Men Of Station
9) The Supremes - I Hear A Symphony
10) Cherry Blossoms - The Mighty Mississippi

 
at Friday, August 05, 2005 2:16:00 PM Blogger ID said...

Ian's "I'm Doctor Spock, Bitches" Fri-Ra-Ten

10. Love TKO - Teddy Pendergrass
9. The Potion - Ludacris
8. Summer Solstice - Red Herring
7. Wow - Kanye West
6. How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel? - Morrissey
5. Jackin' For Beats - Ice Cube
4. Pocket Calculator - Kraftwerk
3. 69 Positions - Prince
2. Supply and Demand - The Hives
1. Unlovable - The Smiths

 

Post a Comment